{23}

roxanne - the police

mike, being the little gentlemen that he was, carried me back to the school building as the kids filed out of the doors. i was looking at my phone, and i saw the dm's will sent me.

willtolive: ELLE ARE YOU DATING THAT ASSHOLE AGAIN?!

willtolive: he cheated on you, don't you remember?

willtolive: pick up your phone!

willtolive: elle 

willtolive: elle jane hopper i swear to whatevers up there

willtolive: i will find you and i will give wheeler a piece of my fucking mind

"fudge..." i mumbled as mike put me down on the steps.

"what's wrong?" he asked, looking around.

"will dmed me on instagram about the picture of you i posted, and he's pissed. actually, can you be even more than pissed?" right on cue, my brother stormed out of the school, smoke practically coming out of his ears.

"WHEELER!" he screamed, marching over to us. i marched right in front of him and grabbed his shoulders.

"calm down will. let's talk this ou-" i started, only to get pushed aside roughly by will.

"move elle." he demanded as he approached mike, making his face turn red.

"you can come here, yell and scream at me, beat me up till i'm black and blue, but you CAN'T push my girlfriend." he growled, his eyes extremely dark.

"both of you, please talk this through!" i cried, running over to where the boys were glaring at each other. they were pushing out their chests and their hands were balled into tight fists.

"talk this out? elle, this boy cheated on you and now you think it's okay to date him again?" he snapped. i felt mike's big hand take mine.

he's holding my hand to calm down. just like old times.

i took a deep breath. "mike didn't kiss jay on purpose will. she put something in his drink to make him paralyzed. he apologized profusely, and i accepted his apology because i love him and i know he'd never hurt me." i told will, and mike squeezed my hand. will just glared at mike.

"are you sure he's not lying?" will asked, crossing his arms.

"100% willy." i smiled, seeing will relax.

"i'm glad we got this figured out. sorry, i just don't want my little sister hurt again." he sighed. mike just put a hand on his shoulder.

"i promise that i won't let a single thing happen to her." he told will.

~~~

a few days later everyone was sitting around the table in the cafeteria, eating lunch.

"so you haven't seen the new star wars?" dustin asked me, and i shook my head.

"nope." i stabbed my strawberry with a fork, and i looked up to see the devil herself coming our way.

"fuck, it's the bitch." max cursed beside me. mike, who was sitting on the other side of me, held my hand under the table.

"if i was allowed to, i would beat the shit out of her." mike mumbled, making me giggle. jay approached our table, standing behind eddie.

"what do you need jay?" dustin sighed, looking at the girl with pain in his eyes.

kisses my boyfriend and hurts my best friend. who could be more evil?

"nothing nothing, i just heard that elle and mike are back together, is that true?" she put on a fake smile as she asked.

"it is." i told her, putting mike and my hands on the table. i smiled at her fakely as her smile turned to a frown. max laughed, making lucas glare at her.

"not the time!" he hissed, making me giggle again. my giggle made mike laugh, and that made eddie, will, dustin, lucas, and max laugh along too. it was all of us laughing at nothing in particular in front of a very confused jay.

"well, i'm clearly not wanted here, i'm just gonna go..." she said, walking off. a little paper fluttered out of her notebook and onto the floor. i reached down and grabbed it.

reasons why shakespeare's hamlet is my favroite-

i haven't seen that bad of a spelling since-

my eyes went wide. "mike, did you date jay or anything like that?" i asked the boy sitting next to me.

"uh, i think we did it in like sophmo-" he blushed, stumbling over his words. i slammed the paper down on the table and stormed over to where jay was sitting with the popular kids. i grabbed her by the arm and dragged her into the hall, pinning her to the lockers.

"were you the one who was sending me those notes?!" i yelled as i heard footsteps behind me. jay's face was filled with fear.

"yes! yes i was!" she whimpered. next thing i knew, my fist came in contact with her cheek before i got pulled away.

"YOU BITCH!" i screamed as another person had to help hold me back. "STAY AWAY FROM MY MAN!!" tears and anger blurred my vision as i collapsed sobbing into a random pair of arms.

"shit, we need to get her out of here. elle can't go down for this, look at her! these notes really messed with her." i heard mike say. before we could move, a voice yelled all our names.

"hopper! wheeler! sinclair! mayfield! henderson! queen! kasprack! byers! all of you, my office now!" i wiped my eyes to see all my friends glaring at jay as they walked to the office. mike was the one holding me, as he set me back on my feet.

"come on, i'll show you the way to slither out of punishment. it's quite easy." he smiled, though i could see a hint of fear and doubt behind his beautiful brown eyes as he walked with me to the principal's office.

this is short, but im tired and i want to watch youtube