{24}

guilt trip - pup     note: lil baby finnler

i sat next to all my friends bouncing my leg as jay was in the principal's office, probably snitching.

"that bitch! i can't believe that she did that!" max exclaimed for like the third time. i held mike's hand tightly, freaking out.

i'm the cheif's daughter, and i started a fight?! oh man, i'll be in deep shit!

i bit my lip and glanced at mike, who had his eyes closed and his head back.

he's relaxed!

i glanced at max and lucas, who were whispering between themselves. will had his arm around eddie, who was asleep.

we have been waiting awhile.

dustin was tapping away on his phone, his eybrows knotted tightly. he was too far away for me to glance at the screen. someone cleared their throat in front of me.

"elle? will? care to explain why you two along with all your friends, are waiting in the principal's office?" hopper asked, crossing his arms. i glanced at mike, and his eyes were still closed, but he had a playful smirk on his face.

"um...i punched someone..." i mumbled, looking at mike and my joined hand.

"eleanor, are you the reason i got called in? cause you started a fight?" hop asked in disbelief. i nodded. 

"she put notes in my locker...she was trying to steal mike away..." i murmured, running my thumb over mike's knuckles. his eyes fluttered open.

"was this before or after you got back together?" he smirked, gazing at our joined hands. both of us yanked our hands away, placing them on our respected laps.

"before..." i mumbled. hopper sighed and rubbed his receding hair line.

"i'll see what i can do, kid. but you're grounded." he told me as jay walked out of the office and sat on a chair across from us, an ice pack on her cheek. the principal poked his head out of the door.

"jim! how are yah?" he smiled, his eyes flickering to the badge above his heart.

"fine, how about you?" he replied, walking into the office and shutting the door behind himself. i sighed and shrank down in my seat. mike quickly put me on his lap.

"michael theodore wheeler!" i gasped in suprise, making him laugh.

"just shut up for a second, will yah? did jay hit you back?" he whispered, and i shook my head. "okay, lemme see your fist." he told me. i showed him my bruised fist.

"what's so special about my fist?" i muttered, making mike click his tongue.

"when you punched jay, you had your thumb inside your fist. your thumb could have easily been broken like this, but if you put your thumb over your first two fingers, it'll hurt less." he instructed in a low voice. i nodded and looked up at him.

"i love you a lot." i sighed happily and put my head onto his chest, watching mike attempt to play flappy birds. the door opened, showing hopper and the principal talking at the door. i jumped off mike's lap, making him laugh. hopper put his hat back on and went over to me.