{6}

why'd you only call me when you're high? - arctic monkeys

surely it's not good that i haven't gotten out of bed since mike kissed me. well, i did get up to use the bathroom, but that's it. joyce brought me eggos in bed, and hopper got me ice cream. neither of them know what's going on, but will does and i hope he doesn't snitch or i will kill him.

~~~

i glanced over at my clock to read the time.

8:37. i'm doing squat and no one's home.

i grabbed my phone off the floor where it was charging and to instagram to do something. i stalked a few accounts, but i finally found one that sparked an idea.

e11e: hey

e11e: it's elle, will's sister

i put my phone down on my bed and closed my eyes, waiting for it to ding. after a few ticks, i got a reply.

mad.max: hola

e11e: so i'm depressed and i can't handle males right now

e11e: wanna come over and hang out?

mad.max: OF COURSE!!

mad.max: i haven't had a girl friend in so long ugh!

e11e: great, bring your sleepover stuff

mad.max: you got it dude

i smiled at my phone and got out of bed, attempting to clean my filthy room.

~~~

the doorbell rang just as i finished making my bed. i hurried to the door, slowly opening it to see my redheaded friend standing their grinning.

"hey!" she smiled. i waved her inside, going to the kitchen and putting popcorn into the microwave.

"i hope you don't mind, we're gonna be watching a lot of sad romantic movies and sobbing our eyes out." i told max. she raised her eyebrow.

"only 1 day at hawkins high, and you're already having boy troubles?" she questioned, making me blush.

"can you keep a secret?" i asked, sitting on the counter.

"of course."

"mike and i hit it off, and he drove me home from the party and kissed me." i informed max, making her eyes go wide.

"really?! oh lord, i ship it." she exclaimed, then her eyebrows knotted in confusion. "but why are you having boy troubles if he kissed you?" 

"my stupid brother made a rule that i can't fall for anyone inside his friend group, and i promised him that i wouldn't. i can't just break a promise." i sighed, putting my head in my hands. max nodded as the microwaved buzzed, signaling that the popcorn was done. "come on, let's go watch titanic and cry about how hot leo is." she smirked. i laughed weakly and grabbed the popcorn, walking off to my room.