{26}

city boy - calpurnia (look at that finn in his natural habitat)

after everyone had left, mike and i were laying on the couch watching psych with my family. mike was sitting up normally, and my feet were in his lap. jonathan was sitting on the floor, will pulled his bean bag chair from his room and sat in it, and hop and joyce were sitting in the armchairs.

"well," joyce yawned and stood up, glancing at the clock. "i think it's time to turn in. goodnight." joyce kissed everyone's heads and walked to her room, hopper following.

"i'm going to bed too, wheeler sleep in will's room with him." jonathan said, getting up off the floor and glaring at us. "is that clear?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"yes jonny i'll make sure he does." i told my brother, poking mike in the stomach with my foot.

"mhmm. goodnight." jonathan went off to his room, shutting the door behind himself. i looked at will.

"he's staying in my room tonight." i told my other brother, staring at him dead-eye.

"no way! you guys are gonna..." will shuddered. "do it in the room next to mi-"

"heck no! i just got out of the hospital, i'm not doing that!" i exclaimed, making mike nod in agreement.

"please will? please?" mike begged. will tapped his chin.

"what are you gonna do for me?" he asked. i groaned.

"really will?" he raised his eyebrow at me. "fine, i'll pay for your netflix subscription for two months." i promised, making mike try to stifle a laugh. "butt..." i mumbled under my breath to the two boys who sat staring at me.

"you have my permission, but if you get caught it ain't my fault." will stood up and retreated to his room.

probably to watch the netflix account that i am now paying for.

"are you ready for bed baby girl?" mike asked, tickling my stomach. i started laughing.

"stop, stop!" i escaped from his clutches, rolling off the couch. i landed on the floor, wiping the tears from my eyes. mike looked over at me with a concerned look on his beautiful freckled face.

"babe, are you okay?!" he gasped, jumping off the couch and picking me up.

"i'm fine, i live with two boys who used to be nuts." i assured my handsome boyfriend. he let out a deep sigh and kissed my head.

"glad you're okay bubs, don't do that to me ever again." he carried me to my room, placing me on the pink blanket. i got up and walked to my closet, pulling an old oasis band t-shirt out of the dresser along with a pair of sweatpants.

"turn around, i need to change." i commanded, making my curly haired lover laugh.

"okay, okay pushy pushy babe." mike laughed, turning around to face the wall. i changed quickly into my pajamas and tapped his shoulder.

"you're good." i told him, jumping onto my bed and grabbing my laptop. mike turned around and laid next to me.

"what are we gonna watch?" mikey asked me. he began playing with my hair, twirling it around his long fingers.

"i don't know, how about it? it's really long and not scary." i yawned, pulling a blanket over myself.

"it's really old right?" mike yawned as well, putting his arm under my head. i kissed his cheek and clicked the play button.

"yeah, but it's an okay movie." i responded. "can you turn off the lamp?" mike reached over with his long arm and turned the lamp off. 

"elle?" mike murmured, turning towards me in the dark.

"yes mike?" i rolled over facing him.

"i'm gonna marry you when we graduate." he said in a matter-of-fact tone. 

HE'S GONNA MARRY ME?!

i took in a shaky breath. 

calm down elle.

"what if we break-"

"we aren't gonna break up, we've made that mistake once. i have the ring in my sock drawer at home. i loved you since we first sat in lover's lane and just talked. i have this feeling in my gut, whenever we're together that something's just right about us, you know? i love that feeling so much, and i want it to be there forever. i want us, elle and mike, to be together forever. i love you so so so-"

"of course i'll marry you, you big adorable baddie. i love you too." i giggled, kissing his lips lightly. mike kissed me back, then pulled away leaving a kiss on my forehead.

"now let's watch the movie, your cuteness is distracting me." he chuckled. i blew a raspberry at mike and watched the movie.

~~~

"and that's how mommy and daddy got engaged." i told my daughter angie, kissing her head as i pulled the blanket up to her chin.

"mommy, how do you remember?" angie asked, her big brown eyes watching me curiously.

"well, daddy wrote it down and i go to the journal and read it every time the memory begins to get fuzzy." i replied, getting up and walking to the door. "goodnight my lovey, sleep tight." i flicked off the switch, shutting the door behind myself.

the end