{21}

dedicated to @22ncollins luv u <3

get it straight - spendtime palace

lucas and max walked me to lucas' house, which was in the upper class neighborhood. max sat me down on the couch as lucas disappeared behind a door.

"do you need anything?" max asked me quietly.

"a little water please..." i mumbled, staring at the wall.

numb. that's how i feel. numb all over, especially my heart.

max nodded and walked to the kitchen. i heard the sink running, and i put my head back. someone slammed their fist on the door, as lucas returned from wherever he went.

"who is it?" i murmured to no one in particular, putting my head in my hands. lucas looked out the peep hole as max sat next to me.

"it's will. he must've heard." the tall boy swung open the front door, revealing a very red faced boy.

"this is why i didn't want you to date that asshole! he goes and fucking cheats on you after he takes your virg-" will raged, storming into lucas' front door. max put her hand out in front of me as a barrier. 

"dude, she doesn't need to hear this right now!" max scolded. will sighed and sat on the other side of me.

"i'm sorry sis." he whispered and hugged me tightly. i hugged him back, a few tears falling. max sighed and joined in on our hug. there was another loud knock at the door, causing will to pull away and stand up. "who's that?" he asked lucas. lucas glanced out the window and his brown eyes widended.

"oh fuck, it's him."

him. the boy who i thought loved and cared for me.

i stiffened, and max, who was still sitting with me, grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs. we sat on the landing out of view of the front door.

i peeked my head around the wall, so i could see the front door. lucas pulled the door open, revealing the pale boy who i fell in love with. his curly hair was sticking up at random angles, like someone ran their hands through it too many times.

i should have been the one to run my hands through that mess of adorable curls.

his leather jacket had marks of red on it, lining the collar and the shoulder.

i should have been the one to put lipstick on his collar. at least i have the decency to wipe it off, that jacket is his favorite thing ever, only coming after his music.

"w-where is she?! where the hell is my girl?!" mike yelled, trying to get past the two boys standing in the doorway. lucas stuck his arm out to prevent him from coming in.

"go away mike, she's not gonna talk to you. not after that royal fuck-up, rockhead." will growled, shoving mike backwards towards the street.

"don't talk to her, or us. you cheated mike. you broke one of the party's rules." lucas sneered. mike stumbled back, his eyes glancing to the staircase and me.

"elle..." he said, and i flipped him the bird.

"fuck you asshole!" i replied in a harsh voice.