{8}

baby i'm yours - arctic monkeys

everyone was crowded around lucas' kitchen counter eating chips and drinking soda. dustin and will were arguing over something that i don't really care about, max and lucas were kissing, and mike and i were playing go fish.

"have any 2s?" i asked, bringing my legs up onto the counter where i was sitting. mike sighed and handed over 1 of his 2s.

"how are you so good at this game?" he replied, putting his cards down.

"rage quitter!" i groaned, jumping down from the counter.

"i need a cigarette..." mike complained, rubbing his head. i looked over at will, who was transfixed in his argument.

"i'll come." i smiled, walking out the back door. mike walked out lucas' backyard and into the woods. he followed a dirt path, finally leading to lover's lane. i smiled as mike sat down.

"you want a smoke?" he asked, holding out an unlit cigarette. i shook my head and sat next to him. mike took out a lighter and lit his cancer stick. i leaned my head on his shoulder.

"you still gotta take me on a date." i told him. he laughed lightly, putting an arm around my waist. 

"of course baby girl. how about tonight? i'll take you someplace special." he promised, making me smile.

"o-o-okay." i agreed, putting my face in his shoulder. mike laughed again, and i looked up. he took a long drag of his cigarette and blew the smoke in the air. i giggled and waved my hand through the smoke. 

"damn, your giggle is adorable." he whispered, snuffing out his cancer stick out a rock and throwing it into the creek. he leaned over me and placed his lips on mine. i tangled my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer to me. mike's hands settled on my hips. we kissed for a little longer, until a scream broke us apart.

"oh my god! ship!" max screamed, making me blush and put my fingers to my lips.

swollen?

"maxine mayfield, shut the hell up!" mike chided, sounding like a mom. i giggled and touched mike's lips.

swollen too.

mike looked at me. "what are you doing?" he brushed my curls behind my ear. max screamed again.

"ship!" she squealed. mike looked over at max.

"why are you here again?" he asked, grabbing my thigh and squeezing it.

"oh! will says elle has to leave now, and i knew that you'd be here making out, so i volunteered to come and get you." i rolled my eyes and kissed mike one last time.

"i'll meet you here around 11, okay?" i told him, and he nodded.

"bye baby girl." he smirked, taking out another cigarette. i blushed and max squealed again.

"ship!" she yelled one last time and started off. i followed her, skipping.

~~~

i jumped into will's car happily, turning on the radio before he could. i turned on the alternative station that i knew mike liked. will slid into the drivers seat, buckling his seat belt.