{5}

wanna be yours - arctic monkeys

i coughed as the liquid went down my throat. my eyes began to water as i looked at mike, who had a smirk on his face.

"don't like it?" he laughed. i shook my head and put the cup down. my head started to spin.

oh fudge. i don't feel good.

mike walked closer to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "let's go sit down cutie. you don't handle your alcohol well." he told me.

"you're very pretty." i blurted out. mike looked down at me and smiled.

"thanks cutie, but i'm not gonna take that to heart cause you're drunk as fuck." he helped me over to the couch, where teenagers were sitting in a circle. "what are you doing?" mike asked a blonde-haired girl.

"we're playing truth on dare." the blonde smiled and leaned over, blinking a lot. mike smiled and put his chin on his palm.

she's flirting. if you can't have him, no one can.

"then let's," i hiccuped, which made mike look back at me and smirk.

good. he's focused on me.

"play." i finished. the blonde girl nodded and glared at me.

"how 'bout i go first new girl? truth or dare." she asked me. i looked at mike for guidance. he just shrugged.

"dare i guess." i replied. the girl smiled a little too wide for my taste.

"great! i dare you to play 7 minutes in heaven with..." she scanned the circle. "troy." she nodded, as if to reassure herself. i looked at mike again. his face had no emotion.

"um, ok." i stood up, losing my balance a little, and walked to the closet behind the blonde girl. a brown-haired kid, who i assumed is troy, followed me. i stepped into the closet, shutting the door after troy, which made it pitch black. "um, troy, if i'm being honest with you, i don't really know how to pl-" i got cut off by troy bringing his face dangerously close to mine. by now, the alcohol was wearing off.

"shut up and kiss me." troy demanded. i looked at him weirdly, even though i could barely see him.

"what? no way!" i tried to crawl out from his arms, now sober, but he held onto my wrist tightly. 

"that's the game. do it." he growled. he slammed my back into the closet wall. i did the only thing i could think of in the moment.

"mike!" i screamed as troy clamped his hand over my mouth. the door swung open, and someone threw troy off me.

"get off her you pig!" the boy yelled, and i recognized mike's voice. the dark closet now had light, so i could see what mike was doing. he was beating the pudding out of troy. troy swung only once, leaving a bruise on mike's defined cheekbone. 

"mike," i cried, making mike snap his head up to look at me. "take me home." i begged. mike got off troy, who was knocked out, and picked me up bridal style. "thank you." i whispered.

"of course. i wouldn't want you to lose your first kiss to a jerk." he kissed my forehead and went to the front door. dustin was leaning on the front door, talking to a bunch of girls. he made eye contact with us and raised his eyebrows.

"what do we have here?" he smirked, then his smile fell seeing our serious faces.

"something happened. tell will to hitch a ride, or walk." he informed dustin. dustin nodded and turned to me.

"feel better elle." he patted my arm. i smiled weakly.

i like dustin. he's nice. ( don't we all.)

mike carried me to his truck, opening the passenger door for me and setting me into the seat. he quietly got into the driver's seat and put the key into the ignition. 

"i-i didn't want you to get hurt." i broke the silence with my truthful statement. mike smiled at me thankfully before turning his attention back to to the road. 

"i didn't want you to give your first kiss to troy. he's not nice to girls." he informed me. i nodded. mike pulled into my driveway before facing me again. "i also want your first kiss to be with me." he whispered, putting his face near mine.

oh. my. god.

he brushed his lips against mine, sending sparks to my spine.

mike just kissed me.

both of us pulled away, shock setting in on my face.

"mike," i whispered, putting my hand on his cheek.

"i-i..." mike stuttered, blushing.

"i'm sorry mike. i really like you, but i promised will." i told him, tears about to spill down my cheeks. mike nodded sadly. i placed a delicate kiss between his eyebrows and got out of the old blue truck. i raced back to my house and threw open the front door. by now, i was crying hard.

"elle, honey, are you home?" joyce called from her room. i ignored her and sprinted to my room, collapsing on my bed. i laid there for what seemed like hours, crying into my pillow. i heard someone's steps in the hallway. they seemed to be pacing.

"she's just been crying there mike. what did you do?" will whispered into what i assumed was his phone.

"what did i do? are you kidding me byers? i like her, and your stupid rule is keeping me from even going on a date with her!"

he likes me?! oh my god! but i can't tell him, will's rule forbids it.

"i put that rule in place because i knew she was gonna fall for you! admit it, you just use girls then drop them like trash."

"will-"

"don't even try to talk to my sister. i'll be watching you wheeler." the end call noise beeped in the hallway, and i started crying harder.

that stupid rule.

the steps seemed closer now, and i moved my head from the pillow to see who it was. will was standing next to my bed, eggos in hand. i glared at him, but took the eggos.

"elle i-" he tried, but i didn't let him say anything.

"leave." i demanded. will shook his head.

"not until you tell me what's going on." will pleaded. i sat up and pushed on his chest, hard.

"get out!" i screamed. will's eyes became bigger, as i didn't scream much. he scurried out the door, shutting it as he left. i laid back down on my bed, stress-eating eggos.

i want mike to kiss me again. i liked it.