2

I stormed up to my room, I can't believe Dad didn't tell me about this he's getting engaged for god's sake I didn't even know he was in a relationship and how long have they been together anyway? I have so many questions, and I feel so betrayed how can he not tell me, dad's dated a lot of women in the past couple years but I never worried because he swore he would never marry after my mother, and he couldn't have known her for that long, it's not like I don't want him to be happy but I just can't believe he wouldn't tell me about something like this and besides I don't know this woman so I how can I know that I can trust her. I took a shower and  after I was done I put this on:

Dad wants to have a family meeting in the green room, still can't unsee the image I just saw of my dad and his kitty bride

Dad wants to have a family meeting in the green room, still can't unsee the image I just saw of my dad and his kitty bride. I walked in and sat next to Steven, one of the staff members gave us all Iced Tea, I didn't know who that was I think he's a new employee anyways moving on. There was a really long awkward silence and then Steven, Fallon and I exchanged looks and Steven said "So this is a nice surprise, I'm usually the one that makes things awkward around here" he's not wrong about that, "Well I'm happy to relieve you of that burden" says Cristal and I roll my eyes, look at her all smiley and cozied up to my dad. "Why didn't you call me if I had any idea you were coming I-" Dad was saying but I cut him off, "What exactly would you have done?" I asked, "I would have planned ahead" he said. "Why are you so surprised? you asked us to come" Steven asked, "When's the last time you did anything I asked you to?" said Dad, "Oh Dad, stop acting as if you don't bang all your girlfriends in front of us." said Fallon, and Steven laughed, "Please, don't remind me of that." I said to her, then Cristal said "I've heard so much about you three" surprising considering I haven't heard anything about my father dating anyone let alone being engaged to someone "And we've heard nothing about you." said Fallon literally reading my mind, "Well that's why I called, I want you to get to know Cristal before the engagement party this Sunday " said Dad, A party which means other people know classic dad, "So you've told other people?" Fallon asked, "Other people called me back" Dad responded, "Excuse me, so did I and you thought it was okay to tell those people before telling me?" I asked, "Look, sweetheart, I didn't tell you because I knew how you'd react, I also knew if I told you, you'd tell your siblings and I was waiting for the right time to talk to all of you." he said to me, "And when would that be while you're about to say I do?" I asked rhetorically, "Well it happened so fast, Cristal's been an associate in PR for four years now, but she's only recently caught my attention she hasn't let go." Dad said while looking into her eyes, he really is in love "She's also not much older then I am." I said, then Steven and Fallon chuckled and my dad gave me a serious look, "Hey, at least now we know what happened to Kim Kardashian's stolen ring." said Fallon I smiled at her, "Fallon" Dad tried to scold her, "Yeah, that's ridiculous they arrested those guys" Steven joked, "You, not helping said Dad, and I rolled my eyes at him, "You're right Daddy, there's no point in getting upset it's only an engagement anything can happen" and with that Fallon stood up and walked away, "I'm sorry" Dad said to Cristal, "Let me go talk to her" then he followed after her, and then there were three, "Uh, Steven, I'm going to go but when we're alone we can catch up" I said, then I left so I could go to my art studio, well it was also my mothers and I'm glad Daddy didn't get rid of it.

I walked into my room so I can put on an oversized shirt or what I like to call my painting shirt over my clothes, then I walked all the way to the art studio which takes forever considering I live in a mansion that is ridiculously large. I walked into the art studio and started painting then I got a facetime call from my boyfriend, I haven't talked about him yet his name is Jake Montgomery he's twenty-two, I've known him for two years but we've been together for six months, we met while volunteering at a Deaf Children's center, he is honestly the sweetest guy I've ever met and I'm in love with him. Dad doesn't know about him, he's really protective and I honestly don't know how to tell him. I answered, "Hey, babe" I greeted, "Hey Scar, how does it feel to be back in your castle? " I rolled my eyes, I didn't tell him I was a Carrington when we first met but ever since he found out he likes to tease me with all these awful rich-girl jokes, "I just found out my dad is engaged and that he's having a party to celebrate his engagement in two days." I said faking my enthusiasm, "Woah, are you okay?" he asked, "Yeah, he always finds a way to upset me but this is pretty bad" I promised myself I wouldn't get too upset but it's hard not to "I honestly can't even look at him without getting angry all over again." I said, "Well have you talked to him without yelling at him or making any sarcastic remarks?" he is right, but this is Blake Carrington my dad isn't exactly the empathetic type but he does care about me. "No I mean I'm still trying to process this." I said, "Okay fair enough." said Jake,  "I just can't believe he's getting married, he said he would never marry after mom" My Dad took it really tough when mom died, she was his soulmate and when he lost her he was devastated. "Look it must be tough having some new woman in your life but people change when they find they're true love, and if your dad's happy I think you should try to be supportive." said Jake, "You're right, thanks, babe" I smiled and he smiled back, then we just talked for the next hour or so until he had to go.

Someone knocked on my door, "Come in!" I yelled. Steven walked in "Whatcha drawing?" he asked, "The London City Scape" I replied, "That's pretty random but as always, your work is amazing" he says to me and I smile as a thank you.

 Steven walked in "Whatcha drawing?" he asked, "The London City Scape" I replied, "That's pretty random but as always, your work is amazing" he says to me and I smile as a thank you

( I take absolutely no credit for this drawing and I do not own it)

"So, that was something wasn't it?" he asked rhetorically, "Yup" then he sat on the stool by my painting, "Look Scarlett, I know this isn't easy for you, If anyone of us had the right to know about this it should've been you, but Cristal seems like a nice person and maybe you should get to know her before judging her" he said, "Steven, I'm not worried about her being a nice person or not, I'm worried that he's going to love her more than he loves... loved mom" I said, Steven knows how sensitive I am and I'm always honest with him, he cares about how I feel and that's my favourite thing about him he's actually my role model, "You know Dad loved your mom, and you know how long he was grieving well until he started dating again" I chuckled, well to be fair my dad was pretty lonely for almost three years after she died but then he started to have theses flings but I honestly just think that he was trying to fill the void of my mother, "Thanks, Steven" I hugged him, "Did you talk to Dad yet?" I asked him, "Nope" he responded, Of course, he hasn't. "Come on Steven, you can't keep avoiding him, you guys need to get over that whole protest thing, I know how this fight is going to to go you're going to be like you kicked me out and then he's going to be like you cost me 600 million dollars but you're the one who left yadda, yadda, yadda and so on and in the end that doesn't solve anything just let bygones be bygones." I said, "I'll try to talk to him." he said, "That's the spirit" The mediator is back.