7

Well, it's dinner time and this is what I have decided to wear to dinner tonight:-

I cannot believe that Daddy pulled this stunt, oh who am I kidding I can this is exactly what I expect from him and I feel so stupid that I didn't make the connection in the first place

I cannot believe that Daddy pulled this stunt, oh who am I kidding I can this is exactly what I expect from him and I feel so stupid that I didn't make the connection in the first place. I mean It just so happens that Dad has shown an interest in my future as a lawyer when I tell him that I have a new boyfriend, I mean seriously when I told dad that I wanted to become a lawyer he said 'Seriously, Scarlett you're a Carrington. Lawyers work for people and Carringtons do not. Why don't you major in business.' I mean the reason why I want to become a lawyer is to help people, but Steven's the only one who understands what it means to do the greater good.

I walked downstairs into the dining room and sat next to Fallon, "Hey, Sis I was just talking about how I'm going to be seeing Jeff Colby tonight" I smiled at her, I like Jeff he used to take me out for ice cream when I was little and take me to the park. Fallon then looked at Crystal and saw that she was confused "The Tech Guru. He used to work in IT, Daddy hates him" said Fallon, yeah and I don't know why I mean who cares about whose tech it was Dad's just being overdramatic, "Hate's a strong word" Protested Dad and I rolled my eyes, I am trying my best to contain myself I'm still pretty angry with him, "While Jeff was at CA he developed the music software that'd go on to earn him his first billion, technically we should've owned it but a judge disagreed" continued Fallon, why are we still on this again? "Okay, I guess I do hate him" Dad agreed, then he said " Friend of her's older brother. A  bit of a charity case. Tried to give him a break" Wow he is such a jack ass, "Yeah because you are so charitable aren't you Blake? " I said to him, Fallon looked at me she knows I only call him by his first name when I'm about to rip him a new one but before Dad could say anything she said "Just goes to show you never know who's going to stab you in the back" then she looked directly at Crystal, then I said " That's true, it could be anyone even you're own Father" Then dad looked at me and said, "Alright Scarlett what is going on? you're behaving like a child" When I was about to lash back the door slammed and came in an angry Steven glaring right at Dad of course, except I'm the only one who can tell that he's angry "Hey, you're missing all the fun, Steven" said Fallon. "I had a date" he stated, "A date? I didn't know" Fallon said, I didn't either from the looks of it this has Blake Carrington written all over it, "Neither did I. When you said we had common interests I didn't realize you were whoring me out, Dad" Wow is there someone in here that he is not screwing over, probably Fallon since she's the Golden Girl "Can this wait until after Dinner?" Dad asked, of course trying to avoid conflict" I rolled my eyes at him, "It's fine, I'd be more pissed if you hadn't let us tour Windbriar." said Steven, "What? I gave you that tip and you sent Steven" said Fallon, Okay I guess I thought too soon he's screwed with all of his kids "When Striking any deal you send in whoever makes the client feel most comfortable. Is that so wrong?" said Dad, that's it "Oh is that why you tried to get me to work with my ex-boyfriend ?!!" I yelled at him, "What?!" Fallon and Steven said at the same time, they both hate Jason and honestly I think Dad does too but he cares about CA more than he does about me "Yeah you're not the only one Daddy's been whoring out, Steven. When Daddy told me that he was going to set up an interview with one of Carrington Atlantics lawyers I thought he would get me to work with someone from the foundation or real estate but No he sets up an interview with Hemmingway Law. And guess who interviewed me?  Jason."That's not the worst part Jason tried to make a move on me" Fallon and Steven both looked pissed off" Crystal sat there watching us all rip dad a new one and to be honest, maybe she should know what family she's getting into before deciding to join it. "Seriously, Dad that's low even for you," said Steven,  "I told that son of a bitch that if he ever stepped foot in this house again that he would regret it, Oh and Steven I bet he sent you to Prather with the promise of going solar. But did he happen to mention that Windbriar's largest site is smack in the middle of a shale field? 800 acres of frackable land that's why I brought it to him" said Fallon, yeah why did I come home again? "Is that true?" asked Steven. "There's a lot to work out." he said I rolled my eyes more broken promises, "Actually, there's not" said Steven and he left. "You used us both. And why? We could've worked together on this." said Fallon to Dad. "Steven wouldn't have gone out there and you would've been jealous that I asked him. We would've fought, either way. At least now we have a deal on the table for Windbriar" is he really trying to rationalize what he's been doing right now. "Yup, because the company is all you care about more than your own family. " I said. "Scarlett, the company is our Family this is your legacy and you have a responsibility to think about what is best for it" Is he serious right now? "I thought you wanted me to join the company because I thought you believed in me not because you wanted me to get back together with Jason" I stated, "Look, honey, I do believe in you but I also know that you and Jason also made a great couple I just tried to kill two birds with one stone" oh now he's admitting it. "You're unbelievable I already told you I have a boyfriend!! his name is Jake and I've been seeing him for the past six months" I yelled at him, "Seriously sweetheart, how long is that going to last?" he said, "Well we've lasted longer than you're engagement" and with that I stormed off to go find Steven.

I saw that he was heading out of the manor "Steven?!" I called out and he stopped, when he saw tears in my eyes he came over to me and hugged me and let me cry. "Why doesn't he ever take me seriously? when I finally think that he believes in me he pulls a stunt like this" Steven just held me and let me cry for a while, I love how he can always make me feel better but I feel bad, Dad just used him too and he's comforting me, then Fallon came and saw us and she walked over to us "Well, Blake Carrington strikes again" she tried to joke but then she saw me crying, and she hugged me. She lifted my chin up and said "Now little sis, Carrington women don't cry after being screwed with we fight back" she smirked and I wiped my tears. "Did you guys know that he actually left me alone with him so he could go golf with Frank?"I asked, "What?!! okay, he'd better not show his face at the engagement party tomorrow. " said Steven, "Actually, I'm hoping he will. Oh, and Scarlett how do you feel about Jake meeting the family tomorrow?" she asked me, okay I don't think I'm ready to bring him into this madness just yet. "Fallon no, I'm not bringing him into our dysfunctional family I like this guy" I said, "Yeah, I can't say I blame her I wouldn't introduce him into the world of the Carringtons just yet or ever" said Steven and that made me smile a little bit. "Come on, it's a great way to piss off dad and you'll get Jason off your case, well maybe after a restraining order but there has to be some satisfaction out of waking your new arm candy in front of your ex" she said, well she is presenting a great argument, this might not be such a bad idea. "Well okay, but you guys have to promise to be normal I don't want you scaring him off please he means a lot to me" I said and they both can see that I'm serious. "Fine" they both said in unison, Steven I trust but let's just hope that Fallon keeps her word.

A/N: I'd really appreciate it if you guys read the authors note and contribute to the contest thanks Love you all ❤❤