19

I got ready early in the morning so I could go with dad to help bail Steven out and the only way dad would ever let me go is if I wake up early, it's been two days and I'm so worried my brother is not a killer he wouldn't even kill an insect let alone a human being. I got dressed:

I raced down the stairs and into the foyer and thank god I caught up to Dad, "Daddy wait up" I said, he turned around and looked at me "Where do you think you're going?" he asked, "With you, I want to be there for Steven" I said, "Okay, but I'm go...

I raced down the stairs and into the foyer and thank god I caught up to Dad, "Daddy wait up" I said, he turned around and looked at me "Where do you think you're going?" he asked, "With you, I want to be there for Steven" I said, "Okay, but I'm going to warn you there is going to be a lot of paparazzi waiting outside that building when we head in there and when we head out with him" he said to me, I nodded, "I don't care, he's my brother and I want to make sure he's okay. Like you said we protect family and besides Steven doesn't like your lawyers but he loves his sister" I replied to him, "Well if he wants these charges to drop then he'll have to deal with them, but anyways let's get going"  then we walked out of the manor and Luke was waiting for us and he brought the car around, "Bellmont, where's Culhane?" Dad asked, Oh my god Fallon seriously? Now I have to cover for them, "Daddy, do you really care who drives you right now? we're going to be late" I said, then Dad nodded and we got into the back seat of the car it was a silent ride to the DA's and when we got out of the car, of course, the press was ready for us I took my purse and lifted it up to cover my face "Scarlet, did your brother really kill Matthew?"I rolled my eyes, "Ms. Carrington How did he get away with it?", "How is your family dealing with this? Why would your brother tamper with the equipment?", "No Comment, leave me alone. " I said to them and just kept walking away from them, we walked into the building and Steven and went into the DA's office and sat down he explained to us everything regarding Steven's case and that they thought that he had the motive to tamper with the equipment and kill Matthew, this is insane but we just sat there politely while he explained obviously they just want to make money off my father. We waited for around three hours until they released him "Steven!" I yelled then I ran up to him and hugged him and he hugged me back, "You're up bright and early, this is not the Scarlett I remember. " he said, "For you I'd wake up at the crack of dawn big brother" I said with a smile then I turned around and saw Dad glaring at him, "Let's get out of here, those vultures out there are ready to attack" he smiled at me and agreed, we walked out of the building and the paps just kept bombarding him with questions and kept taking pictures, the security guards kept pushing them away from us it's sad that we have to have security guards for things like this. We were walking over to the car and Steven said "Dad, these charges are a joke" of course they are what is up with him and this silent treatment, "I heard a joke" said Dad okay where is he going with this,  "My son give millions of dollars to an ecoterrorist group that kills my best field engineer." oh come on Dad lighten up, "Well whoever told you that joke needs to find a better one because I thought we were so over that whole 600 million dollar thing" I said to Dad, how many times are they going to keep having this fight, he ignored me and continued " The DA didn't find that funny. He's accusing you of murder, he's saying you had the means and motive to tamper with that equipment. Are they right? Were you at that site that morning?" seriously Dad is worse than the press, "Daddy?!" I yelled at him, "How can you even ask me that? I had nothing to do with Matthews death. Honestly, I doubt the Last Earth Coalition did either." said Steven, and I believe him I mean if it was murder then I doubt a stranger would murder a field engineer they hardly know. Dad just rolled his eyes at Steven and walked ahead of us, then Steven continued "I think they're using this to get free publicity off the Carrington name." again I agree with Steven, "Yeah my name, And it was my money you used to fund these tree hugging snowflakes in the first place!" Dad yelled, oh come on it's not like he's going to miss that money he's spent more money cars for god's sake, "Just trying to do something good in the world Dad. Something you wouldn't understand" he replied to him, "Okay, guys lets take it easy, Daddy don't you think he's going through enough right now, and Steven come on I know Dad's approach is a little rough but he's trying to protect you." I said to him, "Scarlett stop trying to defend him right now, all he ever wanted to do is protect himself and his precious company." Steven said to me, "You know what Steven, you know everything I don't think you need my help or my lawyers. Why don't you find your own way out of this" is he serious right now, well of course not but it's still an awful thing to say "Daddy, don't do that." I said, "Well, clearly your brother here has his own opinions, everything I do is wrong and he's right about everything so if he's so right about everything then he won't need my help" and with that he got in on the other side and slammed the door, of course Steven waited for me to get into the car first and he came in afterwards so now I'm stuck in the middle between both of them, this is going to be a long car ride to the manor.

It was a silent car ride to the Manor we got out of the car and walked into the dining room together I saw Fallon, Cristal, Sam, and Anders already there, "Are those my Valentino boots?" Fallon asked me, "Yes, they are but I borrowed them, thank you best sister in the world" I blew her a kiss and she rolled her eyes at me, she has small feet she wears size six like me and occasionally I like to take advantage of that, she snuck off with Culhane this morning so I snuck into her closet and took her boots, "Welcome home sirs" Anders greeted my dad and Steven as they walked into the dining room after me, "Are you okay?, May I get you anything?" Anders asked them, "Yeah, how about some gratitude?" Dad replied I rolled my eyes, "Come on Dad, let's just drop it okay" then Fallon greeted Steven and gave him a hug and I stood next to my siblings, "Just in time for the gala, The latest Mrs. Carrington wanted to cancel, but I'm concerned it'll reflect poorly on you." said Anders, then Fallon looked at me and nodded she knows how I'm going to react to this, Cristal better be joking does she know how long I've been planning this, I even managed to convince dad to add some other charities to donate too like homeless shelters, Violence against women's shelters, Rape victims and starving children she is not going to cancel what I have been putting my blood, sweat  and tears into, "What?! Daddy no way, I have worked so hard to put this together for nearly a year and this was my turn to pick the theme this year, I know a lot has happened but the money is going to children's education and many other charaties that I have been trying to get on the list for two years, Dad, please don't do this" I said and looked at him with pleading eyes, "Don't worry Scarlett, if we cancel it would look bad. We should proceed as planned" Dad said and I took a sigh of relief and I saw Fallon smirking at Cristal, I felt a little bad, "I'm sorry Cristal, I'm not trying to undermine your authority but I put a lot of time and effort on this years gala and I don't like sudden changes or surprises" I said, "Oh tell me about it sis" Fallon said then smirked at Cristal again, "That Gala is one of the few things I'm proud the Carrington name is attached to, I'll be sorry to miss it" said Steven, no way he has to go I did this so that he could be proud of me too. "You can't why would you?" asked Fallon, "Fallon, I'm being charged with murder. I can't go to an 80's dance party" he said, "Oh come on Steven, what did I just say about surprises? don't you want to see all the work I put together for it?" I asked him, I look up to Steven and I really value his opinion "Scar I know you'll do an amazing job, I was there for all the plans and ideas you came up with and I'm proud of everything you put together" he said then kissed my cheek, I smiled at him well he is going through a lot so I guess if he needs to miss the gala that'll be okay. "We'll all be there to represent you, Steven and I'm looking forward to my first hostessing duties as Mrs. Blake Carrington," she said as her and my dad were making out, "mm it gives me a thrill when I hear you say that" Dad said, then Fallon gave them a repulsed look and walked out of the dining room, "Oh come on Dad, can't you do that somewhere else? and I thought I was going to be the main host this year, these are my charities Daddy" I said angrily, "Oh come Scarlett, Cristal is new to the family and it's tradition for the lady of the house to be the main host"  he said, "Scar I certainly don't want to step on your toes, especially since you've been doing an impressive job with the whole Gala" she said and I rolled my eyes, "Only my friends and Family can call me Scar" I said to her "Easy sis no need to get defensive" said Steven, I know I'm being petty but this is my event. "Scarlett don't be rude, Cristal is family now. And you both can share the hostessing duties  you and your mom used to host events together all the time" he said, "Except she's not my mother!" I stated,  "Look, Scarlett, you're a nice kid and I know you can be a good sport about this and I think it's a good way for you two to bond, I know you're not like your sister and you hate being cruel to others. " Dad said to me then Cristal gave me a small smile and I rolled my eyes in defeat "Fine, I'll agree to it. Only because I don't want to argue with you and I'm going to be spending all day in the living room planning this event so I don't want to waste any time" I said to both of them, "Thank you Scarlett" Dad said, "Steven can we have breakfast somewhere else I really don't want to be here right now" I said and he nodded and we both left the dining room and Anders instructed one of the staff to bring me my breakfast wherever me and Steven decide to go.