18

So Luke and I were walking and talking and Actually Culhane was right he really is a decent guy, "Okay so you could've gone to Harvard, Princeton or Yale and you decided to go to a state school?" he asked, "The only reason those schools wanted me was because my grandfather is responsible for all the grants they get for another wing or a donation to their library, plus they all wanted me to release a PR statement that I was joining their school" I replied, "Yeah, but they accepted you so you must've had amazing grades in school" He said, which was true but I'd rather make something of my self without getting ahead using the Carrington name, "So tell me how are you so private while your entire family is on the cover of every newspaper or magazine every other week?" he said, "Well I try to avoid the press as best as I can, Fallon loves the attention and Steven like me tries to avoid the media when it comes to certain things but he also believes that he can somehow save the world with his views on life which I love about him so anyways he thinks he can use that publicity for the greater good. But for me, I don't like being out there I don't try to avoid being a Carrington I'm proud to be one it's my family but I just don't like the publicity that comes with it, someday I do want to have my own law firm so that I can help people but until then the only things I want to focus on are school, my family and my boyfriend" Luke nodded as I was talking he said "Wow, you are actually not what I imagined at all" he stated and I smiled at him, "Yeah, I get that a lot, so why don't you tell me about you, What is your story, Lucas?" I asked, "Well, my dad left my mom when I was eleven, and I have a fourteen-year-old sister, they live in Marietta but I moved to Atlanta after I graduated from Stanford Law " he said, "You graduated from Stanford to become a lawyer, and you are working for my dad as a driver? Why?" I asked, "Well when I graduated, I also got a mountain load of debt that came with it and I could never make enough to cover that debt and cover my sisters' hospital bills at the same time, see my sister has heart disease we've known this since she was five, she has had 4 bypass surgeries in the past two years and we've been waiting for a donor and we've been waiting for a heart for years." he said he looks sad, I hate that I judged the book by its cover without even getting to know him first, maybe that's what I'm doing to Cristal too. "I'm sorry to hear that, what's her name?" I asked and he smiled at me "Ellie, she's smart and witty too kind of like you" he said and I smiled, "So your dad offered me a job with him as his driver and he also told me about this health plan he has for his employees that also includes family so I couldn't refuse" he said, well now I know why he would settle for being a diver there is a lot more to him then I knew, then I saw Millie running towards me "Scarlett you need to hurry back inside, the FBI is here" she said, "What?!" I yelled, I handed her Bo's leash and I ran into the doors through the east wing I rushed to the front foyer to see at least 6 FBI Agents there waiting, "What's going on?" I asked Fallon and she shrugged, "How can we be of help?" Anders asked them, "We're here for Mr. Carrington." One of them said, "What?! Daddy?" I said, and Fallon put her hand on my shoulder, Then another FBI agent took out his handcuffs and was walking towards my dad only to walk past him and towards Steven and he started reciting the Miranda rights, "You have the right to remain silent, Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney if you can't afford an attorney one will be provided for you" What is going on here? "Steven," Fallon said looking worried, "What's happening? Daddy, say something they're taking him away" I said, I was trying to walk towards Steven as they were taking him away but Fallon was holding me back, We have a problem.