4

Last night I told my dad that I have a boyfriend and now I'm trying to avoid him, I know I'm going to have to talk to him sooner or later and I choose later. Right now I really just have to talk to someone and by someone, I mean Fallon or Steven or both. I walked down to Fallon's room and knocked on the door "Come in, Millie" I heard her say, I rolled my eyes and walked in. "Millie, I need-" she stopped mid-sentence when she saw it was me instead, "Well Scarlett, good morning to you too, you're never up this early, here to avoid dad's child bride?" she asked me, "Actually, I'm here to avoid Dad" she gave me a questioning look, "Taking a page out of Steven's book I see. Okay, what did Blake do this time?" she asked me, oh how I wish this was something he did, "Nothing, but I may have told Daddy about Jake" I said. Fallon looked pretty shocked, "Wow, didn't see that one coming. Anyways hiding away just shows weakness, grow some balls and talk to him. Now, let's talk about something I found" she said, of course reverting the subject to herself that's what my sister does best, "Okay, Spill" I said. "Well actually I don't need too, a picture's worth a thousand words, well, in this case, one word," said Fallon, and she showed me a picture of Cristal with some guy, wait I think I know him he's one of Dad's engineers, Matthew Blaisdel nice guy I met him a couple of times, but isn't he married? and they look really cozy, actually, they look like they're about to kiss, "Oh, my god." I'm still a little shocked I mean she did seem nice, "Sis, I don't know why you're surprised. I knew she wasn't as innocent as she made herself out to be, I just emailed this to Daddy and that gold digger will be out of the company and also out of our lives" I mean I'm not exactly her biggest fan and I know my dad isn't exactly sentimental, but I don't want him getting hurt. I gave her half a smile, "And now, if you'll excuse me I need to change because Dad and I have some business we need to discuss" said Fallon, I rolled my eyes and walked out of her room.

Well, It's 9:00 am and my Dad has this engagement photoshoot thing that he has to do at 10 am, so that gives me enough time to go hide away in Steven's room for a little bit. I knock on the door but there wasn't an answer so I opened it and no one was there. "Looking for someone ?" I heard someone say and that made me jump I looked behind me and it was Anders, Typical he always has a habit of sneaking up on people especially me, "Yes, Steven" I replied, "Well, your brother is downstairs having breakfast and your father is still in his room getting ready" he said with a wink, this is why I tell Anders stuff before I tell my father, he knew about Jake when we first started dating. Well if I'm being honest here he had people follow me but he promised me he'd let me be the one to tell my father first, "Thanks, Anders" I said, I walked downstairs and then went to the kitchen and saw Steven and Crystal talking, I rolled my eyes "Steven, can I talk to you for a second", Crystal smiled at me and said "Good morning, Scarlett" I completely ignored her and said "Alone". "Sure, one moment," he said to Crystal we walked out into the hall. I talked to him about my encounter with Dad, and he told me about how Dad asked him to meet with a guy about something work-related and Steven agreed because Dad agreed to go Solar or something like that, "Well right now, Dad and I are okay after we talked... well for now at least" he said, "Yeah, well that makes one of us. I can't believe I dropped the Jake Bomb on him like that" I said, he smirked, of course, he'd find this hilarious, "Are you sure you weren't retaliating because Dad has been engaged for four months and didn't tell any of us." he replied, "What, No" then he gave me a look, " I didn't, I mean we were talking about being honest with one another and I thought it was a good time to tell him and boy was I wrong" I said and he nodded, "Well, my advice is to wait a little while until he calms down" he said to me. "Okay now that you're done, why did you do that?" Steven asked me, "What?" I replied, "Treat Crystal-like that, I know you're not exactly on board with her marrying dad but it's not like you to act like this" he's right but right now I have my reasons. "Well, Fallon just showed me a picture of her and  Matthew Blaisdel together," I said, he looked shocked, unlike Fallon who expected this, "Were they kissing?" he asked me, "No but they, were really close he was holding her face," I said, "Well, that doesn't prove anything" I rolled my eyes, "Maybe you're right, but it doesn't prove that she can be trusted either," I said. Then I heard someone say good morning I looked and it was Dad, uh oh not good.

"Good morning, Daddy" I hugged him and kissed him on the cheek, I can see Steven Smirking as he tries to hold his laughter, "Good morning, Sweetheart, we had a pretty interesting talk yesterday" oh boy, "Dad I-" he cut me off, "Well it's okay we can talk about that later, I actually wanted to ask you about the internship you're supposed to get this year" Okay, I can talk about that, it leaves us off the subject of Jake for a while, "Uh, yeah sure, I haven't decided where I want to go yet." I said, he looked a little disappointed, "So you haven't applied anywhere?" he asked me, "No, Dad I applied to four different law firms and I got all of them, but I'm still deciding which one I'm going to go to" I responded and he looked more relieved, "That's my girl, well I wanted to offer you one at Carrington Atlantic, you can work with one of my lawyers" yeah, the nepotism begins. "Daddy, you know I don't need the company to help me get an internship," I said, "Of course I do, but your sisters working in my company, why can't you? And I'll actually pay you" does he really need to ask that question, "Not to sound like an ignorant brat but you know I'm rich right?" I stated, "Well, this isn't about the money, it's about you getting experience from great lawyers, it's for your future" he said to me, "Dad, an internship from Carrington Atlantic would look great on my resume if my last name wasn't Carrington, wherever I apply in the future, the first thing their going to think is that the only reason I was hired there was because my Dad owns the company" I'd still rather talk about this than Jake, "Well then you'll just have to prove them wrong, you know I wouldn't hire you if I wasn't sure that you had what it takes." he said, while we walked out to the front of the manor to the garden, "You've showed your true potential and frankly we could use someone like you, you can speak four languages, and you know ASL you're determined, and you know how to win an argument" Okay, he makes a valid point, but I still want to prove that I can do this on my own, but it might not hurt to actually work there. "I'll think about it Dad" he smiled at me and I smiled back.