14

I've been hanging out in Jakes apartment all afternoon, after the morning I had I deserve to have some time with my boyfriend, then I got a text from Fallon:

Fallon: You will not believe what Dad just did.

I rolled my eyes, what did Blake do this time.

Me: Honestly I think I will believe it but whatever, what did he do?

Fallon: He got the cops to interrogate Jeff.

Me: Seriously?!  I mean this war with Jeff has gone long enough it's starting to get silly.

Fallon: Tell me about it, and he's actually helping us with our 'family problem'.

Me: Okay, I really can't deal with Dad right now I came here to hang out with my boyfriend just to escape him for a little while.

Fallon: Well lucky you, while you're over there with Mr. golden boy the rest of us have run around in circles trying to prevent someone's mess from blowing up our family.

"Babe, Pizza's here" Jake called out, but I was still texting Fallon.

Me: Just forget about her, you're already going to start your own company so there's no use acknowledging her anyways.

Then I found arms around my waist and a kiss on my neck, "Earth to Scarlett, you've been complaining about being hungry for the past hour and now when the food is here you're too busy texting" he said to me, "Sorry, I'm just texting Fallon. She's still pissed about this whole COO thing" I said to him as we walked over to the table to eat our pizza, this is the first time I've had to keep something from Jake but I am trying my best not to drag him into my world. "To be honest, I feel like if your dad would've given the job to your sister it would look pretty bad" he said, I can't believe this and sleeping your way to the top is okay? "Oh, and giving the job to Cristal whom he is sleeping with is fine?" I questioned, "What? no that's not what I meant" he doesn't know how hard Fallon worked for this, "You don't know Fallon like I do, her whole life is work and all her life she has put her blood, sweat and tears into that job for it to just so the COO position could be taken from her and not just by anyone by some woman our dad marries plus he hardly knows her" I explained, "Look, I'm sure she did work hard for that position but honestly, I think the fact that she's starting her own company would be better for her, I mean she's her own boss" I guess he has a point there, "Yeah I guess, you have a point I smiled"   "Well, forget about it. You're here to hang out with me today, we're supposed to just relax and have some fun ... maybe we should skip right to the fun" he smirked, and from there it's obvious what happened next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours went by and I got a call from Dad for the millionth time today, I rolled my eyes I held the blanket over my chest and answered the phone "What is it?" what could he possibly want right now, "Where are you?! , we have some things we need to discuss so you need to get home now" ugh, seriously Dad, "Like what?, honestly I have no Idea what you want I mean didn't we discuss everything this morning?" I asked Dad, "Well we're having a funeral tomorrow morning and we have to present-" I cut him off, "Wait, Daddy what are you talking about?" I asked, "Well, we offered to host his wake tomorrow" Oh man, this has gotten way out of hand. "Why in the hell? you know what I don't have time to talk about this over the phone I'll be there in about 15 minutes" I said then hung up, "What was that about?" Jake asked me, "My dad offered to host Matthew's wake?!! this is insane!" I said, "I think that's generous" he responded isn't he the cutest. "Sorry babe, but I need to get going," I said, he got out of bed and started putting his clothes on and I did the same thing:

I put my shoes on and then kissed him on the lips, "I'll call you", he nodded but it wasn't convincing, "I'm sorry" I said and he responded with a "Yup" and gave me another nod then I put my shoes on and left his apartment