17

I was following behind Fallon as she was walking down the stairs, "Seriously Fallon, I know you are not one for sentiments but what you're doing is so disrespectful" I said to her, I know I can't talk her out of it but there's no harm in trying. "Look, Scar, clearly I'm not the one who's disrespectful, I mean I'm not the one who slept with a married man then hosted his wake!" she said, "Shhh his wife is here not to mention his parents!!" I whisper yelled at her. Then we both walked over to Dad and Steven, "What are you wearing?" asked Dad, "Bold choice" said Steven, this isn't the time for that. "For what it's worth I tried to talk her out of it," I said and Dad gave me a smile and a nod, but Fallon rolled her eyes "I didn't die" No but you don't need to embrace that we're at a wake for goodness sakes, "No but Cristal might kill you" Steven said to her, I looked around and I saw Cristal glaring at Fallon, "Oh she tried, Why do you think I had to change?" As if she doesn't have anything black to wear I swear 40% of her closet is black, 40% is red and then 20% of everything else. "Looks like your new bride missed your whole 'protect family' memo, but apparently so did you. " she said to Dad, "What are you talking about?" he asked, " While I was trying to delete that photo to protect her reputation, you sick the cops on Jeff?" what?, "Daddy, really?" I said to him, I mean I stood by his whole protect family thing but throwing innocent people is not apart of that. "Colby isn't family" he stated, "Neither was she until two minutes about, now we're in a murder investigation." Fallon fired back, "She has a point," I said, Fallon may be mean but that was a good comeback. "How is that her fault?" Dad said, okay another good point. "Everything is her fault. Get on board" she replied, alright she had me and then she lost me. "Look I get you're pissed Jeff and I went after Windbriar. But the reason I left the company is because you didn't believe in me. You didn't trust me. If you're trying to teach me a lesson, then the only thing I'm learning is that I never should have trusted you." Okay, like two percent of what she's saying is irrelevant but most of it is reasonable, with that she walked away and Steven followed her, he can take care of Fallon so I'll talk to Dad "Okay, Daddy maybe some of the things she said about everything being Cristal's fault wasn't true, but she is right about Jeff just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you can frame them for something they didn't do and you're a businessmen if you want to beat someone you do it because you're better not because you can win by default. Please just leave Jeff alone" I asked him nicely, but he just kissed my cheek and walked over to Stansfield and the two started talking.

I walked over to Anders and asked "Where's Bo?", I really want to give him a walk in our yard it usually calms me down and walking helps me think, "He's in the dining room, why?" he responded with a question, "I want to take him out for a walk that's why" I just really need to get out of this place it's crowded with reporters and journalists and I'm a very private person and even though today isn't about my family well not directly at least, I still don't want to be caught up in any drama, the only thing the media knows about me is my age and that I'm Blake's daughter, basically that makes me the unknown Carrington or the other Carrington, the media calls me the only Carrington they know almost nothing about and I would like to keep it that way the only way they know my age is because last year on my  Fallon made a tribute to me on her Instagram mentioning my date of birth because of how extreme she is. "Well Millie walked him a half hour ago" he replied, I don't really care I just want to walk my dog, "Okay, well another walk isn't going to hurt him Joe Daisy or someone to go get me my dog" I replied, and he nodded he knows Bo calms me down whether it's walking him taking him to the vet or just having him sit next to me on the couch, "Come, on Bo" I motioned our blood hound to walk with me and he obyed.

About ten minutes later one of the staff handed me Bo's leash and we walked outside of the manor and towards the garden, "Hey, princess!" I heard someone call me then I turned around and saw it was Luke:

(A/N: Can we all take a second to just appreciate how gorgeous Chace Crawford is DAMN!!! He was my favourite character on Gossip Girl, every time I saw Nate Archibald on the screen my heart would skip a beat <3 )

"What do you want Luke?" I asked annoyed, "Hey, calm down just wanted to ask why you weren't inside with your father and his friends in the 1 % club?" he asked, "Well one I wanted to avoid them and the media, because Blake has to make everything a PR event even a funeral, and the media hardly knows me and I'd like to keep it that way" I said, "I don't believe that for a second" he said, "Why not?" I mean just because I come from a wealthy family doesn't mean I make a huge spectacle of myself, "No offence but you're a Carrington, your sister is a socialite, your brother is even known for being this huge environmental activist and your Dad is the CEO of Carrington Atlantic a 99-year-old company" he stated, yeah well I'll prove him wrong in a second, "Alright then look up Scarlett Carrington and see what comes up" I said to him, he took out his phone and typed, "Okay, uh let's see, Scarlett Carrington daughter of Blake Carrington current CEO of  Carrington Atlantic and the Grandaughter of Thomas Carrington former CEO of Carrington Atlantic, Age 18, Date of birth October 28th, 1998. And that's it, well there are a few photos a lot of them are of you coming out of places with Fallon but your face is covered and the only good photos of you are some old family photos, what were you like twelve in this one" he showed me his phone, "Actually I was 14" I said and he chuckled, "Wow you really keep to yourself don't you?" he asked and I nodded, "Well where are you going right now?" he asked, "Just going to take Bo out for a walk but this walk is more for me than him" I said, "Well mind if I join you?" he asked, well he's being decent so why not, "No not at all".