15

I walked into my dad's study "Are you insane?!!" I yelled, "Look I'm going to have to call you back" Dad said as he hung up the phone, "You're hosting Matthew's wake?!!!!. This makes you look like a hypocrite, like you actually have something to hide." I yelled at him, I mean my Dad is normally very perceptive and doesn't take risks like this especially when he knows he could be risking the company too. "Scarlett, this just shows how much we appreciated him as one of Carrington Atlantic's employees" he said, I rolled my eyes at him "Come on Dad I'm telling you this is not going to go well, it'll come back and bite you right in the-" I was cut off by dad, "Look Scarlett, I know what I'm doing and I have everything under control" that's what he always says, "And how is that ?" I gave him a sarcastic Look, "Well I gave Claudia  100,000 dollars and offered to host the wake so she feels like we're there for moral support" Typical bribery and Lies, "Dad you were advised against that this is going to make you look more suspicious than ever" I said to him, he ignored me and made a phone call then started talking to them I rolled my eyes and walked out of his study.
I walked out of his office and saw Steven "What was that about he asked me , I just rolled my eyes "Dad offered to host Matthew's Wake, I mean this is clearly just a publicity stunt" Steven nods his head in agreement " You're right Scar, instead of attending his funeral like normal people we have to host his funeral" that's the Carrington way for ya! "Normal is a foreign term when it comes to Carringtons" I say and we laugh, "So where were you? " he asked, "I was hanging out with Jake I Feel like we haven't been hanging out in a long time and since we're having the Gala next week I'm going to be busy with Anders trying to get everything ready and plus he's going home to his parents so he can't even attend the Gala" I said, "Well that's upsetting since I didn't meet him properly yet" he said to me, honestly if Steven likes him that's all that matters to me, I've always seeked  his approval since I was a kid. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that Steven." He just gave me smile " Its alright sis, what matters to me is that you're happy and might I add that he is handsome" he said and then winked. I just shook my head laughing "Love you big brother" he smiled at me and said "Love you too baby sister" and he gave me a hug", I think we should all have lunch together just me, Jake and my siblings that way it'll be easier for him to meet Daddy again. "How about we set up a lunch before my birthday Just me you and Jake, do I need to invite Fallon?" Steven laughed, "Well you might as well. I mean it's Fallon if you don't invite her she'll invite herself." I nodded in agreement, and speak of the devil " I heard my name" said Fallon and she a stood right next to us, I rolled my eyes "Week after the Gala, You two Jake and me ? Lunch? Can you make it work?" I asked her she thought for a bit then said "Yes, I can of course with my new company I'm going to have my hands full but I can always make time for you little sis" she pinched my chin and walked away I love those two.

A/N: This isn't the best chapter guys but my ideas haven't been the greatest lately so I'm sorry if you don't like the chapter. But more exciting things are going to happen in this book.