20

I came storming out of my bedroom angrily, I just found out that Dad didn't invite my grandparents to the wedding and he never told them he was engaged until they saw it on the cover of a magazine, and as sweet as they are they told me they weren't mad at my father and giving him excuses and they were asking me not to confront him about this but this isn't something I'm not going to let go, I saw Dad as he was about to walk out of his study and I saw Fallon already in there, I yelled, "BLAKE!" he was startled then looked and me and said "What is going on why are you yelling?" he knows he's about to be called out on something, "You didn't invite my grandparents to your wedding?" I said then he motioned me to come inside his study, "Oh you're in for it now Dad" Fallon said, it looks like she just got out of an argument with him too, "Why the hell, would you lie to me about this? Is my family really that irrelevant to you?!" I yelled, "Of course not, I didn't invite them because I didn't want to upset them which is also why I didn't let them know right away. " he said to me I just rolled my eyes, "Oh don't try to lie to me, they found out because they saw your wedding photo on the cover of a magazine! and they didn't show it but I can from the sound of grandma's voice that they were hurt, you have seriously crossed a line here Dad!" I yelled at him, "Look, Scarlett, listen to me, I wasn't trying to hurt your family and since your grandfather had that surgery I didn't want to trouble them with coming to the wedding" said Dad, "Lamest excuse in the book" Fallon added and I agreed, "Alright if that was the case then Why did you have to lie to me? Why couldn't you just tell the truth?" I asked, "Because we would've had this same argument, anyways," he said, "Seriously, my grandparents have been there for you, they lost their daughter and they made sure to check in on you and see how you were doing ever since she died they treated you like a son and in return you forgot about them and my mother so why don't you forget about me as a daughter too" I said, "Scarlett you're acting childish, this is why I don't tell you the truth about things because your brain can't comprehend it" he said, okay this was the last straw, I saw a bottle of scotch sitting at his table and took it, "You want to see childish Blake, okay I'll show you childish" I said, when I took the bottle and poured  it all over his head, this is probably a 500 dollar bottle of scotch, "What are you doing? Are you insane?!!" he yelled, there's that temper, "After the  foundation Gala, I'm moving back with Grandpa and Grandma and I don't care if you cut me off I'm never coming back here again!" I yelled, then I stormed off, and Fallon followed behind me, "Woah, Scar, that was an expensive Bottle of Scotch, but I'm glad you did it, honestly I felt like doing that ten minutes ago" she said to me, "Can you believe that Fallon, I get all this lying to us but he can't lie to my grandparents" I said, "Honestly Scarlett, I know you don't want to hear this but Dad actually did them a favour by not inviting them to that wedding. They would've been disappointed with he replaced your mother with. " she said, "Look, Fallon the point is you invite Family to a wedding and our dad clearly doesn't see my mothers parents as family so it's pretty clear to me that he doesn't care about them" I said and with that I went downstairs to help the staff out with the arrangements for the party.

Blakes POV:-

"Go buy anything you want from boots to boats. I love you" I finished telling Cristal, then we hugged, "Wait what happened to your shirt and why do you smell like Scotch?" she asked me, "Scarlett, happened. She took a bottle of Scotch and poured it over my head" I replied to her, "I know she's been giving me some mixed feelings, but this doesn't sound like something she'd do Blake" she said, "You're right, she gets her kindness from Steven and her mother, but she gets her temper from me, she found out I didn't invite my late wife's parent's to our wedding and got upset, she told me I hurt them and made them feel forgotten. Now she's saying that she wants to go live with them. " I explained to her, Scarlett's my daughter I don't want her living anywhere but with me, when she decided to stay home instead of going to an ivy league school I was thrilled maybe my dad wasn't but I didn't want her to leave home she's my youngest and she's the only thing I have left from  Heather since she passed away.  "Well I can see why Blake? No wonder she feels betrayed, we just sprung this whole marriage on her, then you go around and not include her own family in our wedding this is too much for her and we both should have known better." she said and I can see the guilt in her eyes, I held her face and said "No, No Cristal, this is on me I could have handled this better, and I should have included her grandparents from the moment we got engaged this is on me and I'm going to make it right, first thing Monday I'm going to head to Athens, no we'll head there and I'm going to introduce you to my in-laws" I said to Cristal, "That's very kind of you Blake, but you also need to make it up to Scarlett somehow, don't let her leave" she told me and I nodded.