Not taking any chances

Detty Bold and Beauty Chapter 14: Not taking any chances, an ugly betty fanfic | FanFiction

Detty fans here's a new chapter, and it is somewhat dramatic. Ladies, you are about to see Daniel become Super! Daniel, in this chapter. I hope you like it!

Chapter 13

"Not Taking Any Chances"

Daniel and Betty were driving in his Aston Martin, speeding off to Amanda's place. They knew that's where Becks and Amanda would be. Daniel whipped out his cell and dialed 911.

"Yes, 911," Daniel said, "I would like to report a rape at Greenwich Village, Manhattan Square; apartment 2a."

He turned to Betty after hanging up.

"I called the police. That should give us enough time to get to Amanda's before the cops do."

"I hope so," Betty said anxiously, "Daniel, I can't help but blame myself for Amanda running off with Becks. If only I'd listened to her in the first place."

"Betty, listen to me. This is not your fault. Becks is the only one to blame here, remember?" Daniel reassured her, "And I promise that Becks is not going to hurt anyone again, especially you. I'm going to make damn sure of that," Daniel said firmly, his eyes glinting dangerously.

"Once we're there, I need you to take Amanda outside and wait for the police to come," Daniel told Betty.

"What about you, Daniel?" Betty asked.

"Don't worry about me. You just take care of Amanda, and I will take care of Becks," Daniel replied.

Betty looked worriedly at Daniel; that look in his eyes earlier had scared her. She was worried that Daniel might do something he'd later regret. She sent up a silent prayer that this all turned out alright, for each of them. Betty was pulled from her thoughts by Daniel's Aston Martin, coming to a stop. Daniel was already out of the car by the time Betty realized they'd reached Amanda's apartment building, and she scrambled after him. As they reached Amanda's door, they heard the blonde saying,

"Ok, cowboy; settle down now."

Betty wasn't sure that Amanda was in trouble. Daniel, however, was ready to beat the door down.

"Daniel, wait," Betty stopped him, giving in to her optimism that maybe this wasn't the sordid scene. Daniel assumed it to be.

"What? Betty, she is in trouble!" Daniel protested.

"How can you be sure, Daniel?"

Suddenly, they heard Amanda cry out.

"I said, stop!"

"Come on, baby. You want me just as much I want you," they heard Becks' smooth reply.

That was all the confirmation needed.

"Break that door down, now!" Betty urged Daniel without hesitation this time.

With one hard kick, the door flew off its hinges, and Daniel and Betty burst into the apartment. They followed Amanda's cries to the bedroom. Becks had ripped her blouse and thrown her on to the bed. The scene made Daniel's blood boil. He lunged at Becks and threw him roughly up against the wall.

"BASTARD!" Daniel yelled.

"Daniel!" Betty screamed, stunned by his sudden burst of violence.

"I am fine. Just go and get Amanda out of here," Daniel countered his voice dangerously calm.

Betty didn't look convinced but knew she needed to take care of a now hysterical Amanda.

"Come on," Betty said gently, steering her away, "everything is ok now."

The minute the women had left the room, Becks started in on Daniel.

"Man, you sure know how to ruin fun," Becks smirked.

"You think rape is fun, huh?" Daniel yelled, slamming Becks against the wall again.

Becks laughed despite the pain.

"Hey man, I'm sorry. I just got out of prison okay; I need some company. And since your lovely sister and assistant couldn't give me that, Amanda was a willing participant."

"That doesn't give you the right to treat women like that Becks."

"Unlike you, Daniel," Becks sneered.

"What?"

"Oh, come on, Daniel!" Becks scoffed, "You talk about me mistreating women, well, what about you! You use women to gratify your own need for pleasure, and when you are done, what do you do? You break their hearts and treat them like garbage."

Daniel recoiled from Becks.

"I know that. I know what I've done to the women in my life, and I'm ashamed of it. But unlike you, I realize now that women should be treated with respect."

"How insightful of you, Daniel, but you change, I don't buy it. I bet by the time you start to have the slightest feelings for a woman, you'll do what you always do."

"Oh, and what is that ?" Daniel asked.

"Run. You'll run away and never look back," Becks replied.

Smack!

Daniel's right fist hit Becks' jaw. The other man looked stunned for a minute at the drops of blood trailing from his mouth. Daniel had had enough.

"You're wrong, Becks. I hope you like it a prison because I'm sure the inmates will be happy to see you again."

With that, Daniel turned his back on Becks and walked out to join Betty and Amanda. But despite his confident protest at Becks' words, a part of him couldn't help but think that Becks could be right.