Ready to spread your wings

Detty Bold and Beauty Chapter 27: Ready to Spread your wings, an ugly betty fanfic | FanFiction

Hey, Detty fan's new chapter is up, and I am sad to at least three to four episodes left until the end of this story. :( Thanks for all who has read. review and proofread this and as always Read. Review and Enjoy :)

Chapter 26

"Ready to Spread Your Wings"

Two days later...

It had been a week since Betty had left both MODE and Daniel. At first, she regretted it, but after one week, she thought it might have been the best thing that had ever happened to her. She was getting her life back on track, deciding to go back to college at Queens University on a full scholarship to earn her Masters in Journalism. And she was already inundated with many prospective job offers. For now, though, Betty had decided to wait until she gets her degree before working again. She was sitting in her room, working on her latest assignment when Hilda called for her.

"Betty, Mail for you!"

Betty made her way downstairs to see what she'd gotten. Hilda stopped in the middle of her game of cards with Justin and held out a letter for Betty. She took the small envelope, surprised to see that it was from a magazine that she'd not only never applied to but never even heard of.

"Mija, what's wrong?" Ignacio asked from where he stood to make tamales, "Why aren't you opening it?"

"I don't know Papi. I mean, I want to, but I've never applied or even heard of this magazine before."

"What is it called?" Justin asked, usually knowledgeable on all things to do with the fashion magazine industry.

"Bold and Beauty," Betty replied.

"Nope never heard of it," Justin said.

"Where is it based?" Ignacio asked.

Betty looked at the return address and was shocked to see where it came from.

"Oh, my God!" Betty said.

"What?" the family said in unison, all curious to know.

"It was sent from the Meade Building."

"Well then, maybe Daniel or Mr. Meade got a heads up on a new magazine," Ignacio pointed out, "Come on, Betty, open the letter. What harm could it do?"

"Yeah, Aunt Betty, open it!" Justin agreed.

Betty sighed as she opened the letter, reading it out loud for her family.

Dear Ms. Beatrice Suarez,

Here at Meade Publications, we would like to inform you that we have decided to create a new magazine, "Bold and Beauty." This magazine could reach women, such as yourself that are proud of who they are and not consumed by the idea that wearing high fashion is essential. I think that you are highly qualified for a position at this magazine and if you are interested at all in this new venture, please come to the MODE press launch today at 6 pm. My apologies for this meeting place, but the magazine is still under construction and looking for residence within the Meade Building. I hope that you will consider this opportunity and join our staff.

Sincerely,

Bradford Meade, CEO of Meade Publications

"Weird, Bradford Meade offered me a job," Betty thought out loud.

"What does it matter, Mija? This sounds like the perfect magazine for you to work at. Is it not the magazine you dreamed of having one day?"

"Yes," Betty admitted.