Fun at the beach

Detty Bold and Beauty Chapter 19: Fun at the Beach, an ugly betty fanfic | FanFiction

Chapter 18: Fun at the Beach

Betty's room was in the right-wing of the house while Daniel had taken place in the left-wing. After rummaging around in her suitcase for a minute, Betty found the bathing suit Hilda had given her to wear. Holding it up against her, Betty wondered what Daniel would think. The man in question was already waiting in the living room. It hadn't taken him long to change into a white T-shirt and dark blue swim shorts.

"Betty! Will you be ready soon to hit the beach?" Daniel yelled up the stairs after her.

In response, Betty appeared at the top of the stairs. She came towards him wearing a beautiful black daisy-patterned swimsuit with a matching silk gown. The suit outlined and flattered her petit, but sumptuously curvy figure in all the right places. Daniel stood with his mouth hanging open. He couldn't believe that Betty would wear something that revealing. And he had to admit, he was impressed. He liked what he saw. Realizing that gaping like a goldfish was probably not the most attractive look, Daniel quickly shut his mouth.

"Nice Swimsuit, Betty," He told her approvingly.

Betty smiled.

"Thanks," She gave him a quick once-over, "nice swim shorts. Shall we head out?"

Daniel nodded.

"Do you want to walk along the beach for a bit? Talk to each other, maybe get to know one another a little better?" Daniel suggested.

"Sure, sounds nice," Betty said.

Daniel led Betty out back and down to the beach. It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the rays glistening on the water, and the only sound was the gentle crash of the waves as they broke on the shore. Daniel and Betty walked along the beach in companionable silence, the soft sand squelching satisfyingly beneath their feet.

"Wow," Betty whispered, "It is beautiful here. Thank you for inviting me, Daniel."

"It's my pleasure," He smiled. "So Betty Suarez, tell me about yourself," Daniel said.

"What do you wanna know?" Betty said.

"Well, who are you? Likes and dislikes? You know, that kind of stuff."

"Ok. Well, I'm Betty Suarez. I'm 24 years old, live in Queens, New York. My likes are fashion, writing, and reading. My dislikes: exercising."

Daniel chuckled at that last part.

Betty looked at Daniel.

"What about you, Daniel Meade? Same question."

"Well," he started the way Betty had, "I'm Daniel Meade. I'm 28 years old, live in Manhattan, New York. My likes are exercising and having fun with my friends. My dislikes? I hate working."

Betty giggled.

"Working? Why? You seem so good at your job," Betty said.

Daniel shrugged.

"Come on, Betty. The only reason I got the job was that my father handed it to me on a silver platter."

"That only proves that your father trusts you to handle MODE. And so far, you're doing a good job."

"With your help," Daniel said.

"Everyone can use a little help, Daniel," Betty said, smiling at him.

Daniel smiled back at her.

"So, Betty, we both know you don't want to be an assistant. What do you want to be?" Daniel asked curiously.