"Highly Qualified"

Detty Bold and Beauty Chapter 30: The Bachelor and The Butterfly, an ugly betty fanfic | FanFiction

Detty fans, this is the second to last chapter as the previous section will be the epilogue, and that will be posted after I enjoyed reading it.

Chapter 29

"Highly Qualified"

Daniel rushed into his office, hoping to see Betty. He couldn't help the disappointment that flooded through him when he didn't see anyone there.

"Betty?" He called softly.

He was about to leave when he heard her soft reply.

"Mr. Meade."

Daniel smiled as Betty swiveled round in his desk chair, facing him.

"I wonder if you can help me," She continued, slightly teasing.

"What can I do for you, Miss Suarez?" Daniel smiled, playing along.

Betty got up from the chair and walked towards him slowly.

"Well, I was told that you are looking for a Co-Editor in Chief for your new magazine. I wondered if you would be interested in considering me for the job?"

"Really, well, what are your qualifications?" Daniel asked mock-serious.

"I'll soon be graduating from Queens College with my Masters in Journalism," Betty said, scoping out every inch of Daniel as she said so.

Daniel swallowed slightly, well aware of Betty checking him out.

"Intelligence is outstanding quality," He conceded.

"I'm also a very hard worker," Betty continued. She was standing very close to him now, absently playing with his tie.

"And, I'm very flexible," Betty smiled up at him.

Daniel tried his hardest to keep a serious face. The corners of his mouth twitched.

"How flexible?" Daniel moved to rest his hands lightly on Betty's waist.

"I'm willing to work very late if need be," She put her arms around him.

"Well, Miss Suarez, I must say, you are highly qualified for the position," Daniel said, genuinely impressed.

"So, I'm hired?" Betty coaxed.

"You're hired," Daniel said firmly, "I'm sorry for firing you in the first place."

Betty stroked his face.

"It's okay; I'm sorry too," She sighed softly, "I know the truth now. Your father told me everything. And I love you so much for being willing to let me go if it meant I'd be happy. But you know what Daniel Meade?"

"What?" Daniel asked.

"I could never be happy without you. I love you, Daniel."

"I love you too, Betty," Daniel said, pulling her closer to him.

Their lips met in a passionate kiss, but what Daniel and Betty didn't know was that a stray press photographer from the New Yorker had wandered near the fishbowl office and saw the notorious "Bachelor" Daniel, kissing the beautiful "Butterfly" Betty. He took a few shots of them kissing, before yelling out to them.

"Hey! Smile lovebirds!"

Startled, Betty and Daniel broke from their lip-lock but stayed in each other's embrace, giving the photographer yet another picture of them, this time in each other's arms.

The next day, their picture was plastered across the New Yorker's social pages with the headline, The Bachelor, and the Butterfly. The caption read: Notorious bachelor Daniel Meade and his new work partner and lover Betty Suarez hit it off together with their new magazine, "Bold and Beauty," coming to newsstands soon."