The Hangover

Lucy

I open my eyes, receiving a headache early in the morning. I was in an unknown bedroom and I look around, yawning. This room looks familiar...this must be Dragneel's house.

"Why am I in Dragneel's place? What the hell even happened last night?" I ask myself, sitting up from bed.

"Hey, you're up." Dragneel says, coming out from the bathroom shirtless.

"Morning. Can you explain to me what happened last night? I don't remember a thing." I said, sighing.

"You really don't remember what happened last night? Wow, I guess you were really drunk." He says, looking disappointed.

"Why? Did something happen? I didn't make out with some random guy, did I?!" I question, gasping.

"No, not at all! In fact, you were really crazy! You almost got in a fight with a girl just because she won you in some drinking competition." He says, chuckling.

"Oh my god! That's awful! Why didn't you stop me!?"

"I tried! But you're really strong when you're drunk." He says, sitting down on the bed.

"Oh please! Anyways, did something else happen?"

"Ah, yes! You wanted to kiss me." Dragneel says, and I widen my eyes.

"W-What!? Oh my God, I'm sorry if I kissed you or something! That wasn't my intention and my drunk self can get pretty crazy. She can also say a lot of dumb things." I said, slapping my forehead, facepalming.

"Don't worry, you didn't kiss me. But, I would have liked it if you did." Dragneel says, leaning in closer to me.

"Dragneel, are you flirting with me?" I question, liking the feeling of teasing him.

"I mean, maybe. But, there's so many opportunities for us to kiss and make out. Like...right now."

Dragneel leans in close and almost kisses me until I look away, standing up from bed and backing away from him. Is he into me or something? I mean, he's cute and hot but I don't plan in being in a relationship with him.

"You're acting strange. Are you in some kind of drug or something?" I ask, and he looks up at me with those green eyes.

"Nah. Just felt like flirting. That's all. What? I can't do that in my own home?"

"Of course you just felt like flirting. It's not like you and I will ever happen." I said, chuckling as I go in front of the mirror.

"Ouch! That hurts." Dragneel says, and I roll my eyes playfully.

"I have to leave today. Sting and I have another meeting and I cannot miss it. If we're going to capture him, I'm going to have to do whatever it takes for him to trust me." I said, fixing my hair.

"You're not...going to sleep with him or anything, right? 'Cause you're only gaining his trust, not gaining his love." Dragneel says, and I turn around.

"And what's it to you? Why do you care if I sleep with Eucliffe?" I interrogate, and I catch him off guard.

"He's the enemy, Luce! You can't possibly sleep with the man who has given you so much grief. Please, just promise me you won't do anything like that with him." He says, getting closer to me.

"Do you really think I'll let him touch me!? In his dreams! Plus, I don't even plan on doing anything with him. Him and I are just partners, that's it! Hey, why are you so concerned? You're acting as if you're my husband or boyfriend."

"I can't worry about you?"

I sigh, looking him up at his green eyes.

"Dragneel, do not worry about me. I'll be fine." I said, going towards the bathroom.

"And how will I be sure of that?" He questions, and I sigh.

"Okay, do you not trust me!? I told you I wasn't going to do anything with him! Relax!"

"You may not do anything with him but he might to you. I know Sting! You don't! Lucy, he will seriously force you to go to bed with him. Can't you understand that you're putting yourself in danger?!"

"Hold on a minute! You suggested this to me! Why do you care now? Why do you care if I even do stuff with him!? We're not even partners." I said, defending myself.

He stops what he was going to say next and stays silent. I raise an eyebrow, waiting for his response. Dragneel scratches the back of his neck and turns around.

"Fuck, sorry for caring for once." He says, and leaves the room.

I gulp, feeling slightly guilty. He's only watching out for me. I shouldn't have been too harsh on him. But, Dragneel should understand that I won't let him touch me. I'm not a person who gives up their body for just anybody.

If I sleep with someone, it will be because I want to and because I love that person with all of my heart. So Dragneel doesn't have to worry about anything because Sting will not touch me.

I won't let him.

"Hey, I'm sorry for the way I acted with you. I'm no one to tell you to be careful and you're absolutely right. We're not even officially partners so I shouldn't say anything–"

"Hey, it's okay. All you were doing was looking out for me. I appreciate it. Thank you, Dragneel." I said, giving him a smile.

I walk out the doors from his mansion and have his people open the door of the car. I go inside and give Dragneel one last look. Gray was with him and I roll down the window after a bodyguard closed the car door.

They were both smiling but Dragneel has a much bigger one. I wonder what those two are snickering about behind my back.

Sometimes, I wish I had good hearing senses like a dragon. That way, I can hear so much from a far.

The bodyguard goes inside the driver's seat and drives off away from the Dragneel mansion.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 10:

No More, Eucliffe

*

Oml, I hate this chapter so much. It sucks and I despise it with every fiber of my being. Sorry you guys had to read this boring chapter but I promise you, excitement and mystery will be in the future chapters. It won't be as boring as this one. Ugh.