And History Repeats Itself

Natsu

We make it to the bar where Lucy's at and I quickly go inside with the guys. Levy looks scared and nervous and the rest of the girls are passed out, completely out of it. Jellal and Larcade went to attend them and Levy leads me to where Lucy is at.

I hear her crying inside a room and I knock down the door. Lucy was sitting on the bed, her zipper from her dress unzipped. No one was in here besides her and I approach her, making her look at me.

"Lucy, hey! Are you alright? What happened?" I ask, sobering up quickly.

"Natsu...how do you not know what happened? Y-You did this to me." Lucy says, more tears falling down her eyes.

"What? I didn't do anything to you. I was with the guys somewhere else. Baby, what happened to you?"

"So...it wasn't you, after all. This...this man gave me a drink and I accepted it. I got drunk pretty quick after that and he took me in here. I thought it was you...so I thought it was okay. He started touching me and I wanted him to stop...I wanted you to stop. But, he just attempted to rape me and he left through the back door. I'm sorry...Natsu. I tried to stop him but I couldn't." Lucy says, sobbing.

Not again. This couldn't have happened to her again. I had promised her that nobody else would touch her and my idiotic self wasn't by her side!!

"Did he penetrate you?" I ask in a shaky voice.

"N-No...but he tried. It still felt horrible." She says, sniffing.

"Levy...did you see who it was?" I ask, wiping her tears.

"He looked familiar to me. I got a weird vibe off of him and I didn't like it. I didn't know what to do so I called you but you didn't answer. So I went and called Gray for help. Erza, Cana, and the rest of the girls were all wiped out and I couldn't do anything. I'm so sorry." She says, and Gray comforts her.

"How did he look like?"

"To me...he looked like Achnologia." Levy says, and my face expression changes.

"A-Achnologia? Are you meaning to tell me that that bastard knows who Lucy is and he was the one that touched her?" I ask, furious.

"Looking at his tattoos, I can guarantee you that was him! But I wasn't sure. I wasn't sure enough to tell Lucy. I'm one of the few people that have seen his face." Levy says.

"A-Achnologia? Natsu, he's coming after us. This is just a glimpse of what he's going to do to this family. He's finally attacking." Lucy replies, and I sniff.

"We should leave. The house would be a good place to do some explaining." Gray says, and I nod.

"You guys go ahead. I need to talk to Lucy alone." I said.

The both of them leave and a lump in my throat appears. Lucy zips her dress back on and I sigh, trying to swallow down the lump. My heart just beats fast and my whole body is trembling in fear and guilt.

"Natsu?"

"I'm sorry." I said, not looking at her.

"Sorry? W-Why are you apologizing?"

"History! History is repeating itself! Again, you were assaulted and I couldn't even do anything! I couldn't even protect you! I ask myself this question so many times; why does this woman love me so damn much? I fail at doing my job and that's to protect you. I promised myself that if something terrible were to happen to you again, I would kill myself. What's the point in me living if I can't even protect you? Protect you and my twins." I said, going down on my knees in front of her.

"Natsu. Listen to me. You have done so many great things to me already. That's why I love you. You're amazing, and you make me laugh. That's why I love you. Your personality brings light into my life and your whole presence just makes me so happy. That's why I love you so damn much. Thank you for doing what you can to protect me. But I'm still here and alive and kickin'. We're going to get married tomorrow and I want that day to be the happiest day ever. So let's forget this whole thing ever happened and go home." She says, caressing my cheeks.

I can't even bring myself to look at her. I feel ashamed and guilty. Everything that has happened to her is all my fault. Zeref is suppose to be my enemy, not Lucy's! If she hadn't entered my life, she wouldn't have gotten her arm removed, she wouldn't have gotten raped by Jackal, she wouldn't have sacrificed herself to go to prison, she wouldn't have been assaulted by the enemy that's only supposed to be mine!

All the terrible things that happened to her is because of me. I have her the misfortune.

"I don't deserve you. I honestly don't. You deserve someone that can make you the happiest woman alive. You deserve someone who hasn't given you misfortune. I deserve to die a painful death–"

"No, you don't! Stop blaming this all to yourself. You didn't choose this lifestyle. And I can promise you that tomorrow, we'll be the happiest couple alive. So let's stop with all the guilt and give me a smile, yeah?" Lucy says, making me look up at her.

Her beautiful smile makes my heart tingle and I rest my forehead against hers. Tomorrow, we're finally getting married. We're finally going to be husband and wife.

It's so weird. Honestly. We used to be enemies who hated each other's guts and now, we're willing to die for each other. It's true to what they say. Time is your healer.

"I love you. I love you so damn much." I say, breaking down into tears.

"I know. I love you too, Natsu." She replies, hugging me.

Who knew that one person can make you fall in love twice as much. The two of us do deserve our happy ending.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 45:

Husband and Wife

*

Ya'll, I just want to get to the wedding!!  Short chapter but next one is going to be cute AF!