You're Safe with Me

Lucy

Gajeel, Mira, Larcade, and Natsu all leave the building. Larcade looks just as beaten up as I am and Natsu's clothes and hands are all bloody. Natsu approaches me and gives me a tight hug, and I grin a little.

"He won't touch you again. No one will." He says, and I nod.

A few of Zeref's men fled away, but we didn't see Zeref himself. He probably left when Natsu came and left his allies alone without any orders. I'm just glad that everything is over and I can go back to my home.

"Wait, Erza? What happened with the others? Are they okay!?" I ask, worried.

"They're fine. A few of them are wounded but I'm sure they'll make it. We left to one of our warehouses where we produce our merchandise. Mira couldn't contact anyone to buy a house that quick because of the attack and your capture." Erza says, and I nod, sighing in relief.

"I'm glad. Mira, can you and Jellal buy a house as soon as possible? I just want to fix these wounds and take a shower." I said, and Mira nods.

"Of course. I'll call the real estate agent right now." Mira says, taking out her phone.

"Lucy, you're still bleeding from your injury. We need to take you to the hospital." Natsu acknowledges, and I shake my head.

"It hurts but I'll be fine. This is nothing in what I've been through." I said, going towards the car.

Natsu opens the door for me and I go inside, and so does the others. I'm wearing nothing but my undergarments and the jacket Erza gave me. The sweater Natsu gave me got thrown away somewhere in the room Jackal took me. Laying my head on Natsu's shoulders as Jellal drives off, memories come flashing back inside my mind.

"I want you to know that you're the only person that I've loved this much." Natsu says while we both lay in bed.

"Loved?"

"Haha, love. This love I have for you is something that I really like. I never felt it with anyone else in my life. There's something about you that's so special. And I think that it's your personality."

"Oh really? That's so sweet, Natsu."

"Say, who was your first love? Is it me?"

"Unfortunately, it's not you. But we'll discuss that in a later time. Right now, I just want to worry about you and me being together. Is that fine?"

"Of course it is! Now, let me just tackle you with tickles!"

"Natsu, wait! No!"

I wonder how life would be like if Natsu and I were just ordinary people. Maybe, we'd be traveling right now around the world and exploring new places within the sea. Instead of this, Natsu and I would probably be drinking a pina colada or a margarita at Hawaii.

But life chose this for us.

A small tear escapes my eye and falls on Natsu's shirt, leaving him to notice that I'm crying again. He gently lifts my chin up and makes me look at him.

"It's all over now, Luce."

"I know. I'm not worried about that. It's just, I always wonder how our lives would be like if we didn't become drug lords. Would we even have met? How would our lives be anyways today?" I ask him, sniffing.

"I'm not sure. But there's always an alternative universe. The other us are probably spending it great, happy and in love just like we are. Except, we have to live in a world where enemies want to kill us and everyone's lives are in danger. But we still have each other to watch our backs and support us no matter what." Natsu says, and I smile a little.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

I lay my head back down on his shoulder, and close my eyes, enjoying the peace and quiet from the road trip.

Mira said that the real estate agent couldn't sell us the house that quick so we had to go to Jellal's small home. It wasn't too small and everyone has a sleeping bag to rest on. Jellal insisted that I sleep on his bed because of how injured I was and after all the resistance, I finally gave in.

Mira treated my wound and helped me wash up in the shower. Natsu aids me down on the bed and he pulls the covers up, sitting on the bed next to me. I take a deep breath and my whole body just hurts.

As if I've been working out a lot and I'm completely sore.

"How are you feeling?" Natsu asks.

"Tired and hurt. I've seen better days. But my body doesn't hurt as much as it did before." I said, staring at the wall from across the room.

"I mean, how are you feeling emotionally?"

"Ah. I don't know. I don't feel anything. Everything is over, isn't it? There's no point in feeling about something that's finally done." I said, sighing.

"You sound broken. And you look broken. But let me tell you something. There's nothing wrong with being broken. If you're broken, you don't have to stay broken forever. Time heals everything, Luce. And soon, you'll be back the way you were before. If you want to cry, go ahead. You're safe with me." Natsu says, kissing my forehead.

My eyes get all watery, and my heart begins to ache. A lump in my throat appears and I turn to my right side to cuddle and hug Natsu, who is comforting me as I weep.

Mom, today is the end of another chapter in my life. I cried and got hurt, but in the end, I've been comforted and supported by the man I truly love. I hope you're watching me from Heaven, wishing that you're here with me.

You'd know what to do to make me smile again.

Tomorrow, I'm going to see you at your gravestone. I'll give you some beautiful white roses, the ones you always loved ever since I was little. And I'm sorry, Mom...I'm in love with the man who killed you.

I'm in love with my mother's murderer. And I hope she forgives me for that.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 38:

Halo

*

I know this chapter is pretty small but I'm probably working on the next chapter as you read this. Double chapter today OR I update the next chapter tomorrow. Depends. :/