Dead on the Inside

So, I made a new NaLu story and it's called I Love You and it takes place in the Eclipse arc. It's my first time using the magic universe so bare with me! Anyways, enjoy the chapter! :)

*

Lucy

Brandish comes quickly with Mira and Wendy, and they all gasp at the sight of so much blood. Mira comes rushing towards Larcade and I and falls down on her knees.

"No...no." Mira says, a lump in her throat.

"I'm sorry, Mira. I'm so sorry. I couldn't save him." I said, the tears reflowing in my eyes.

"Larcade...is dead? I can't believe this. N-No! This can't be real! This has to be a nightmare I'm dreaming of and I can't wake up!" Mira shouts out, bursting into tears.

Mira holds him in her arms and rocks back and forth slowly, caressing his cheek. She sniffs and sobs, until I give her the box that Larcade told me to give.

"What is that?" She asks, her lips trembling.

"Larcade told me to give you this. He said that he loves you and wants you to keep this as a momentum of his love." I said, handing her the small box.

She trembles and accepts the box, opening it. Once she sees the ring, Mira gasps and more tears fall down from her ocean blue eyes. She sobs and sobs, and looks at Larcade.

"You...why didn't you do this sooner? I would have said yes. I still would have said yes. Why did you had to leave me like this? You bastard! I fall in love with you and you just die on me!? How could you leave me, Larcade?!"

As she mourns over him, Natsu makes me stand up and I approach Juvia as Brandish attends Cana and Wendy attends Erza. I fall down on my knees and look at her injuries.

"Juvia, wake up please. I don't want to lose you too. I know that you can hear our voices and I beg you, stay strong."

"W-We need to take her to the hospital. I don't care if this puts us at risk, I want her to be safe and alive." Gray says, and I nod.

"We can't call the ambulance. They'll alert the police station. We have to go over to the hospital immediately. Natsu, accompany Gray to the hospital. I have to stay here with the rest of the girls."

"I can't leave you here. Achnologia might attack again–"

"I'll be fine! Juvia is at risk of dying and I won't let her die just like Larcade. Go to the hospital with Gray. Trust me." I said, giving him a kiss on the lips.

He nods and stands up. Gray carries Juvia and walks out the door.

"I love you." Natsu says.

"I love you, too."

The two leave and I go join Wendy, who is attending Erza with her injury. Wendy says that Erza has fallen in unconsciousness and that she'll be fine but will have a scar at her lower stomach area.

"I see. Thank you, Wendy."

"Anytime."

Brandish states that Cana is going to be okay. She's just asleep and needs rest after that explosion. She later goes to Larcade and Mira, and kneels down slowly.

"He was like a brother to me. An older brother, to be exact. I knew him since I was a teenager and for him to be gone now...makes me feel so dead inside." Brandish says, and I sniff.

"H-He was going to propose to me, Brandish. But fate didn't wanted him and I to be happy together. God and Mavis had to take him away from me. This isn't fair." Mira says, her voice high pitched as she tries to breathe.

"He made you happy. At least you have the memories with him in your heart and mind. 'Cause I know I do." Brandish replies, giving Mira a side hug.

"I'm so happy for you, Lucy! You're finally having twins with Natsu! You deserve everything good the universe can give you."

"I used to like you...a lot actually. You made me have feelings for you the moment I met you. Because of you, I met Mira. And I would like to thank you for introducing me to her. She saved me when I was being tortured by Zeref's men. I appreciate that a lot."

"We need to explore Miami! I've always wanted to come here and Brandish said that one day, she'll take me! And I'm finally here! This is awesome!"

"Don't you dare disrespect Lucy like that again or else I'll skin you alive. This isn't a game, you bastard."

"She makes me the happiest man on Earth. I love her, Lucy. I love Mira. I'm falling for her and it feels amazing."

Even if she couldn't give you a family, you still loved her, Larcade. You have such a warm heart...and you're one of the fewest people I know that has a beautiful heart and mind. I love you too. And I hope you're happy and in a better place.

"I love you...so much. I love you!" Mira shouts out, and I shut my eyes, making the tears fall again.

"Lucy...may we have a funeral for him? Let's bury him here in Miami. He's always been excited and ambitious to be here ever since I met him. Please, can we?" Brandish requests.

"Of course, Brandish. It'll have to be the day after tomorrow so we can arrange the funeral and his death certificate. Can you and Jellal handle that? I know you're mourning and it's fine if you don't want to–"

"No, it's okay. Larcade always told me that he wants me to arrange his funeral. And that's what I'm planning on doing. You know, I always thought...that I'd be the one to die first. But I guess...it's the other way around for Larcade."

I give her a hug, and I take a deep breath. This pain I have in my chest isn't going away. I feel like it's never going to be away. And it hurts so much. I thought I never have to feel this pain ever again after my mother's death.

But this is just the beginning.

"Agh...my stomach h-hurts." I said, bending down and clutching onto my stomach.

"Lucy, are you alright?! Sit down." Brandish says, and I sit down on the couch.

"My stomach...it hurts all of a sudden. The twins are feeling my grief. It's not good for them." I reply, wincing.

"Breathe. Take a deep breathe. Get Larcade's death out of your mind. Think about something else that isn't putting you in a sad mood." Brandish says, and I shake my head.

"I can't. I have this lump in my throat and it's not going away. My mind just won't think of something else, Brandish."

"Think about your wedding! Think about how happy you were with Natsu. The day he proposed you and the day you told him about your pregnancy. Think about that."

I follow her advice and shut my eyes, thinking about the happy days. All this grief and despair made me sleepy and tired now. Maybe all the babies need is for their mother to take a nap.

"I'm going to sleep, Brandish. I'll...take your advice." I said, drifting off into a slumber.

Like Mira and Brandish, I also feel dead inside. I'm like a living corpse after Larcade's death and it's affecting me way more than I had thought. I wonder...what is the other me doing right now at the alternative universe?

I guess we'll never know.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 50:

Always Be Missed