The Weakest Heart

Mira

After hearing those words coming out of the doctor's mouth, my heart sinks and shatters. A lump in my throat suddenly appears and I can feel my eyes watering.

"What do you mean she may not make it!? Doctor, I swear, if she dies, I will blow this hospital up because of you! I promise you–" I yell.

"Mira! Calm down! Lucy wouldn't want us to be like this! She would want us to support her in this situation; to believe in her and have faith in her that she will make it out alive! Just like you said, she's too strong and beautiful to die young." Juvia says, and I sniff.

"She's like a little sister to me, Juvia. I'll be devastated if she's gone."

"We'll do everything we can to keep her stable. Her heart is delicately beating. She currently has a weak heart. Since Lucy was close to the bomb that made the explosion, her right arm has been broken. It sent a really strong force and caused her arm to burn her skin and break her arm when she landed on the ground. The doctors are saying that we have to remove her arm."

"Remove her arm!? Oh my goodness, this keeps getting worse and worse, Juvia." I said, sobbing.

"I apologize for this terrible news. My coworkers and I are going to give it our all the save her and her arm. But there's a small chance that she'll be able to use it again." The doctor says, and Gray clears his throat.

"Save her. The Celestial Cartel will be nothing without her. She's a good boss for them and her friends will be in deep grief. Thank you for your silence, Doctor." Gray says, and I sit down on the chair.

I take out my phone and ask Gray what Natsu's phone number was. I dial it in and wait for him to answer. Juvia's beside me, comforting me but she's softly crying over the news.

"Hello?"

"Natsu...it's Mira, the one that took Lucy to the hospital. I have some news for you regarding her."

"What happened? Is she going to be alright!?"

"The doctor told me that her heart is really delicate. It's beating so slow and she may not make it, Natsu. The explosion burned her skin from her right arm and when she landed on the ground, she broke her arm. The doctor said that there's a small chance Lucy might be able to use it again. They want to remove her arm, Natsu." I explain, sobbing and sniffing.

Natsu didn't say anything. All I could hear was sniffing and Natsu clearing his throat.

"R-Really?"

"Mhm."

"I swear! I'm going to murder that bastard! He's not going to get away with this! Sting was the one that did this shit and he'll get what's coming for him! That son of a bitch won't be alive today!"

"What are you saying!? You can't possibly go and attack Sting all by yourself, Natsu! That's too dangerous! You haven't even came up with a plan yet!"

"I don't care! I'm doing this for Lucy and for your friends, Mira! That bastard had someone plant the bomb in the house near Lucy!"

"Who would place a bomb in the house? We haven't even had visitors come at our place in a really long time!"

"Then...you have a traitor living under your roof, Mira. That person planted the bomb so it would attack Lucy. Anyways, I gotta go. This idiot signed his death sentence."

Natsu hangs up and I widen my eyes as more tears fall down. I look up at Gray, then to Juvia. The two look at me in confusion and worrisome and I gulp.

"Natsu's planning on going to Sting's house to attack him." I revealed.

"I already called Gajeel to go with him! That bastard of Natsu is an idiot! Why would he think of going alone anyways?"

"He's probably really upset over what happened with Lucy. They're partners, Gray. I'm sure he's feeling the pain like we are." I said, sighing.

I pray to you, Mavis. Please let Lucy be okay along with her right arm. She has the heart of gold and she's just like you. Smart, kind, and gentle but also dangerous. She doesn't deserve this, Mavis.

I take a glance at my left arm. It was bandaged up because the fire from the explosion had burned my skin a little. But it wasn't as bad like Lucy's.

If only I could be the one that's on the hospital bed instead of Lucy.

Natsu

Gajeel and I make it to Sting's headquarters. Gray had called Gajeel to come with me and to look out for me to not do anything reckless. We parked far away from the house but not too distant though. It's enough distance for us to make it to the vehicle in case we need to escape.

"That bastard is probably in his office. We should go to that window and take a look if he's there." Gajeel says, and I nod.

We were outside of Sting's mansion. His hired men were outside with armed guns at the front entrance, so we couldn't go and sneak up from the doors. Gajeel and I decided to go inside through an open window he had found at the back.

The two of us go inside through the open window and I charge my gun just in case I need to fire. Gajeel looks around the surroundings and states that it's clear. We quickly but quietly go towards the window from Sting's office.

"We need to go inside. If he's not there, I'm sure he'll go in eventually. Then we can sneak attack him." I said, and Gajeel nods.

I slowly open the door and we go inside the office. The decoration was terrible and the colors just don't match each other. I prefer mine over his any day.

"Psst, someone's coming." Gajeel alerted, and we make our way to a hiding spot.

He hide behind a huge chair that's on the side. Sting comes inside talking on the phone with somebody. I welcome anger into my body and I nearly went up until Gajeel resisted me down.

"Hey, we're not going to just go and attack him. We need to come up with a plan. I'll talk to him out of no where and you'll sneak up from behind him. Make sure to cover his mouth." Gajeel says, and I sigh, nodding.

"Fine. But make it quick, Gajeel. I want to kill this son of a bitch already."

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 15:

Paranoid