Seeing Her Again

Lucy

After patching up my wound and treating it, Evergreen comes inside with two other people. And it was Brandish and Larcade.

"Brandish! Larcade! It's so good in seeing you two!" I said, and the two hug me.

"We missed you so much, Lucy. Are you alright? The guard told me what happened to you today. How is your wound?" Brandish asks, breaking the hug.

"I'm fine. It's just two girls that ganged up on me in the showers and stabbed me with a knife as I was defending myself. Honestly, I don't understand what their beef with me is. I just came like a week ago and haven't messed with anyone." I said, feeling a bit sore on my back.

"What are their names?" Larcade asks.

"Briar and Mary. They're from a cartel that disbanded years ago. It's called Avatar." I said.

"The Avatar Cartel? It was disbanded. But the members have reunited once again a week ago. Ever since you were in prison, they have been stealing shipments and selling it themselves as if they were the ones that produced it. Avatar has been getting money lately." Larcade answers.

"What!? Then...that must be why they want to kill me. Perhaps they're being threatened to do their job to kill me or maybe they just want to. Evergreen, can you please investigate?"

"Clive are interrogating them as we speak. Its not going to be pretty for them anyways. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be transferred to another prison so they won't harm you or anyone else again in here." Evergreen states, and I smile.

"Good. And thank you."

"Lucy? Mira wanted me to tell you something under her behalf. She says that she misses you and that she loves you. She also told me to tell you to stay strong." Brandish says, and I grin.

"Tell her that I miss her deeply too! Also, that I met her sister, Lisanna. Tell everyone I miss them as well. Natsu and Mira have been sending me letters on how things are going with the bus–"

Brandish signals me to keep my mouth shut about the business because of Evergreen and I nod, pretending to cough.

"Tell them thanks for the letters. I'll cherish them with my life in here for 76 years." I said, sighing.

Suddenly, Larcade grabs my hand and I feel a small paper handed to me.

"We shall go, Lucy. But remember to always stay strong. Your friends and I are here with anything you need. Take care." Larcade says, and I nod.

"Thank you. And I will. You two take care of things at home." I said, balling the hand that the paper is in.

Brandish and Larcade give me one last hug and they leave. I take a deep breath and look up at Evergreen, who was talking to the police. I open the paper and read what it says.

"You tell us what's the plan for your escape and we'll do it, Lucy. We love you."

I need to tell them that I'm not planning on escaping right now. I need at least two years in order to escape. The cops, and especially Agent Clive, are watching my every move. If I do something suspicious now, they'll find out pretty soon.

I need to stay in here for 2 years and tell my friends what the plan is.

Natsu

"I'll be back. I have to take this call. It's about the business of Brandish." Dimaria says, excusing herself from the living room.