Juvia's Mission

Lucy 

"What!? You cut partnership with him!? Why!?" Dragneel questions through the phone.

"Listen! I had no choice! He was treating me like an employee and not a partner, Dragneel. The only person I let boss me around was my mother. But now that she's not here, I'm my own boss." I said, taking a deep breath.

"I guess you're right about that. So, what are we going to do? He won't let you back in on his business anymore now that you cut ties with him." He says.

"Listen, I'm not an idiot. I have a mic hidden inside the house of Sting Eucliffe. It's under a side table and I'm sure they won't even look down. I'll also have an infiltrator so they can pass down information to me."

"Who's gonna be the infiltrator?"

"Her name is Juvia Lockser. I need one of your men to look after her as a trusted bodyguard. She will pretend to be a drug lord but she'll be a hidden one. I don't know how to explain it to you but please, send someone here later today. I need to speak with him about what him and Juvia are going to do. Sounds good?"

"Alright, blondie. I'll send Gray over. I'm sure he's itching to do a mission. He'll be on his way." Dragneel replies, and I smile.

"Thank you. Goodbye."

I hang up the phone and turn around to find Juvia barely coming inside my office. She looks at me a bit perplexed but sits down on the chair  in front of my desk.

"How may Juvia help you, Lucy?"

"Hi, Juvia. Uh, I have a mission for you. I want to make sure that you're willing to do this because you're one of my best friends. Your task is to be an infiltrator for me. You'll be in partnership with Sting Eucliffe to gather information. You're going to pretend to be a drug lord. You'll be Juvia Lockser, a drug lord who keeps her businesses a secret." I said, and she widens her eyes.

"Juvia's going to pretend to be a drug lord and be in partnership with the enemy!? Aren't you in partnership with him already, Lucy?!"

"I was. Not anymore. But, I want your permission. I want to have your consent. I don't want to force you." I said, and she stands up confidently.

"Ma'am, you don't have to get Juvia's consent for anything! You're my boss and Juvia will do anything for you! Plus, she is your trusted and loyal companion." Juvia says, and I smile.

"Thank you for agreeing into this. You'll be given a bodyguard from one of Dragneel's organization. He will be arriving shortly so you can meet him." I said, and she smiles.

"Don't worry, Juvia won't fail you."

I go around my desk and give Juvia a warm hug. This girl has been with me for as long as I can remember. One time, we were out in public and there was a shootout. Juvia had protected me with her life and received a bullet for me.

She was in a coma for about a week because of too much blood loss. I still remember how pale her skin looked and how confused she was and how weak she was in my arms.

But luckily, Juvia survived.

"Thank you for protecting me with your life, Juvia. I love you very much." I said, breaking the hug to look at her blue eyes.

"Of course Juvia will protect you. You've given her so much. So thank you, Lucy." Juvia says, and I smile.

"Girlfriends?" I question, holding up my pinky.

"Girlfriends."

"We haven't properly met. I'm Gray Fullbuster. Natsu had told me that you're hiring me to do a task." Gray says as we shake hands.

"Lucy Heartfilia. And yeah, what Dragneel said is true. I want you to pretend to be Juvia's most trusted and loyal bodyguard. She'll pretend to be a drug lord to be in partnership with Sting." I said, grinning.

"I see. And who is this Juvia?"

"She should be here right now–"

"Juvia is so sorry that she's late for the meeting. Mira had to talk to me and–" Juvia stops dead at her tracks once she sees Gray.

And Gray also looks surprised to see her.

"Ahem. It's alright. This is Gray Fullbuster. He will be your most trusted bodyguard to accompany you to your meeting with Eucliffe of Sabertooth. Gray, this is Juvia Lockser." I introduce, and the two stare at each other in awe.

"Nice to meet you, Gray." Juvia says, extending out her hand.

Gray accepts it gently and shakes it. A small smile pops up in my lips and a light chuckle escapes my mouth. These two are going to be a couple one day.

"You two can go ahead and get to know one another. Meanwhile, I'll go call Levy to see how the merchandise is doing." I said, walking out of my office.

I grab my phone and dial in Levy's phone number. I wait for her to answer as I pour myself a cup of red wine. In less than 5 seconds, she answers.

"Lu-chan! Hey, any news about Sting? How's the partnership going?"

"The partnership ended, Levy. He was treating me like an employee and not his partner. You know me better than anyone how I don't like to be bossed around. Only my mother can do that."

"Wow! The partnership ended sooner than I thought. Was he pissed?"

"When I walked out of the house, I heard him yelling and smashing things. I got him pretty upset, Levy. But, I'm glad I ended it. Never again am I going to be nice to that person. He's such a disgrace, Levy!"

"I can understand how you feel. Sting has done so much to you anyways. And I can't believe he framed Natsu for all the things he's done to you. He's unbelievable."

"I know. Anyways, how's the merchandise doing? Is it being produced well?"

"Yep! The farmers are doing excellent! They just produced 1 ton. It's ready to be shipped to someone." Levy says, and I smile.

"I'll have to talk to Mermaid Heel. They've been great clients to ship my merchandise to. Plus, Kagura is one of my greatest friends." I said, drinking my red wine.

"I would love to talk to Kagura again! Can you please talk to her and have her visit our home!? I want to see her! It's been a long time."

"Sure, Levy. Anyways, I have to go. Who knows who might be tracking my calls. Goodbye!"

"Goodbye, Lu-chan."

I hang up with a smile and take a deep breath. We'll see each other pretty soon, Kagura. I promise you.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 12:

The Rain Woman