76 Years in Prison

Lucy

I go back to my cell and the guard locks the door. Taking a deep breath, I sit down on the bed. 76 years in prison is a terribly long time for someone who has done at least something good in this world.

I take a deep breath, feeling stressed. I'm spending two years only here in prison, and that's it. I'll contact Mira or Erza to set up a plan for my escape in the future.

Mira and the rest are probably furious after seeing the news. Natsu and Larcade, they're probably mostly yelling at the top of their lungs.

"Pst." I hear someone say.

I look up to the cell bars and it was a girl who has the same colored hair as Mira and bright blue ocean eyes. She has short hair, like a pixie cut, and looks really identical to Mira.

"You look familiar." I said, standing up from bed.

"Uh, I'm sure I do. I'm the younger sister of Mirajane Strauss. I'm Lisanna. Mira is working for you, isn't she?" Lisanna says, and I widen my eyes.

"You're her little sister? She's never told me about you. Except, that her only family went to prison for taking the blame in her murder. How long have you been in prison for?"

"Almost...7 years, I guess? I don't know. It's a really long story. Before you met Mira, someone had raped her and she killed him during the time. I took the blame when the police showed up so my sister didn't had to go to prison. I've been in here for 7 years and I hear all around that she's working for the Lucy Heartfilia. I'm so glad she's with someone who is as powerful as you, Lucy!" Lisanna says, and I grin a little.

"I'm not so powerful now. I'm in jail. I can't do anything in here." I said, plating with my fingers.

"Listen, I have a small phone inside my pocket. I can let you borrow it to contact my sister." Lisanna says.

"Really? How come you haven't been caught with the phone?"

"Mira gave it to me the last time she visited me. I've been keeping is secret ever since. Here's the plan. We'll wait until it's lunch time and I'll hand you the phone over to the showers. Deal?"

"Deal. I'm actually a bit glad that I made a friend like you who is sisters with a good friend of mine! I'm sure Mira misses you."

"I miss her too. Say, are you going to escape?"

"Not now. I'm sure the police are still keeping guard on me. Especially that DEA agent, Guildarts. You and I are both going to escape in about two years or so. Deal?" I said, extending my hand out for a shake.

"Deal! I can finally be back with my sister! I'll be looking forward in working for you, Lucy. You're such an angel. You helped people during the war between those two notorious drug lords. You're a legend."

"Thank you but it's what I had to do. What's your cell number?"

"It's the cell next to yours. We're neighbors. Also, there's girls in here who are really rebellious. They'll do things to do if you don't behave."

"Don't worry, I got them handled. Briar and Mary? I've probably got them shook." I said, chuckling.

"Those two are the worst. Don't worry about them because they won't do shit. They're from a weak cartel that disbanded years ago. And I'm sure you've got them shaken up. You're pretty strong."

"Yeah, I hope so."

"Say, how many years have they sentenced you?"

I roll my eyes, annoyed that I have to remember the crooked judge who sentenced me to 76 years in prison. Might as well let it be life in prison!

"76 years." I said.

"What!? That's terrible! At least you're going to escape in two years. I hope the plan that you have or come up with goes well."

"I have the gift of Mavis, the strategist. I may not have the intelligent and genius mind of hers but I've got some tricks up my sleeves. I guarantee you, you'll be the one to escape first. Then, I'll be going next. I want you and Mira to reunite again."

Lisanna smiles and blushes, her eyes lightening up.

"You're an angel! Thank you so much! You don't deserve being in prison at all. It's terrible that they caught you!"

"They didn't catch me. I turned myself in so they can lay off on my friends for a bit. They want the big fish...so here I am, locked up." I reply, sighing.

Suddenly, the doors open and guards come inside, announcing that it's time for lunch. They open the cells, including mine. I go out and Lisanna and I form a straight line along with the others.

The first line we're in goes out on a straight line and the guard leads us to the cafeteria. In this prison life, you don't choose what you eat. It's basically school all over again. You eat what they serve in the cafeteria.

I grab a tray and the lunch lady serves a spoonful of beans and mashed potatoes. I gulp, feeling disgusted. This looks terrible. Do they really serve this kind of food for the inmates!?

Sure we did terrible things to end up in prison but food is what we need to survive and gain energy. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I walk ahead and grab a small carton of chocolate milk and put it on my tray. Later, I grab an orange and two slices of bread. Lisanna follows behind me to a table and I sit down, sighing.

"It's not the best food but at least it's something. I've been eating this kind of junk in the past years so I'm already used to it. I'm sure you will be too." Lisanna says, eating her bread dipped in mashed potatoes.

"What happened, blondie? Not so used to living poor life, huh? Spoiled girl." Blair says, and I glare at her.

"Well! Guess what!? I've been poor before and I know what it's like to live life with little food! Don't you ever insult me like that ever again 'cause I will seriously kill you!" I said, but Lisanna calms me down.

"Leave! Stop pestering Lucy." Lisanna says, and both Mary and Blair leave to their table.

"Thanks for telling them off. They're such pests." I said, sighing.

"Don't worry. I got your back here. We're friends, anyways." Lisanna replies, smiling.

"Right."

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 25:

Stabbed in the Back

*

This wasn't the most interesting chapter but hey, new character is on board! Next chapter will have action! Also, if you guys didn't read my post on my page thingy, I already thought of an ending!

It'll have the original ending first and it'll also have an alternative one so ya'll don't get mad at me. 😂