Achnologia Strikes Again

Lucy

The next morning, I open my eyes and wake up by the sunlight. I wrap the sheets around the my body and see Natsu still sleeping with his chest bared. I grab a pink robe from the hanger and put it on. After, I walk towards the bathroom and pick up my toothbrush. As usual, I wet it and add the paste on, then brush my teeth.

My phone begins to ring and I leave out of the bathroom while brushing my teeth. I grab it and take a look at the ID Caller. It's Erza.

Weird. They said they wouldn't call...unless it was an emergency!

I quickly answer and my heart just beats rapidly. This call...I have a bad feeling about it and I don't like it one bit.

"Erza?"

"L-Lucy...he attacked. A-Achnologia attacked us again. We're at C-Cana's house and there was an explosion coming from the roof and the entrance. Juvia is highly injured and she's losing a lot of blood! I apologize to...ruin your honeymoon with Natsu, but you guys need to arrive fast over here."

"No way. Alright, we're on our way! Listen to me Erza, who else is injured?!"

"I'm bleeding and there's a glass shard in my stomach. Juvia is unconscious and she got shot in the chest. Cana is as well unconscious but nothing too severe happened to her. B-But, Larcade received two shots and I'm not sure he's alive! C-Come quick!"

My heart drops and tears pool in my eyes. How could this have happened all just this morning!? This honeymoon was a mistake! I shouldn't have left my friends behind! I should have stayed or brought them with me!

"I'll be there! Don't worry, Erza! Stay strong!"

I hang up and wake Natsu up. He got confused at first but then I explained everything to him. Natsu dresses up and the two of us leave with our luggage.

We make it to the boat and the pilot drives off. This feeling that someone I love will die makes me want to just cry and be by their side and save them. But I'm one fucking hour away from them and this stress level I have is going high.

Natsu didn't bother in comforting me because he knows just how stressed I am. He's frustrated as well and I'm sure he doesn't want to take it out on me or on anyone innocent. Achnologia is to blame for all this. And I'm surprised that Zeref vanished into thin air. He's not attacking us anymore.

The tracer Gajeel had put in their vehicle, they found it and broke it into pieces. We couldn't find their location and that put Gajeel and Erza in an upset mood.  The pilot drops us off by the port and Natsu and I immediately got off. We pay the pilot and we leave to our car.

"The only time we're not there is when that son of a bitch attacks." Natsu says, putting the luggage inside the trunk.

"That's because he doesn't want to face us. He wants to hurt us even more and when we've had enough, he would want us to go and attack him first. I'm sure that it'll all just be a trap so he can kill us all." I say, going in the passenger's seat.

"We'll have to hope for the best then."

We make it to Cana's house in an hour and twenty minutes. Natsu and I leave the car and I can see Gray's car here. He must have came.

The two of us go inside the house and there was smoke and a little bit of fire by the explosion. Gray was on his knees mourning over Juvia while Erza was sitting on the couch and Cana was resting down on the couch as well. Larcade, on the other hand, is laying on the ground with a pool of his own blood.

"Larcade! Larcade, hey! Open your eyes, please. I'm begging you, don't die on me!" I said, lifting him up.

He coughs out blood and his clothes were all red. Larcade had received two bullets in the chest area and one of them is near his heart! It's been an hour since he's been like this and I don't know if he's going to make it.

"L-Lucy...tell Mira that I love her." Larcade whispers out, staring at the ceiling.

"N-No, you're going to tell her that! You're going to be okay, Larcade. Please, don't die." I said, sobbing.

"Don't cry. D-Don't be in a huge grief for me. It's going to be bad for the babies." 

"Of course I'm sad! Why wouldn't I be sad!? You've been with me for so long and I can't just let you go like this! You helped me escape prison and that, I will always appreciate. You defended me against Sting back at the party two years ago and that, I will always appreciate too. There's no way I'm letting you die like this!" I shout out, taking off my sweater and adding pressure against his injuries.

"I'll bring a hot knife so we can take the bullets out. Keep on adding pressure!" Natsu says, and I nod.

"No, stop! I-I don't feel the pain anymore. I can feel myself fading away. Please, just tell Mira that I love her...and g-give her this as a momentum of my love. Take care...of her, Lucy." Larcade says, giving me a small box coming out of his pocket.

I gasp, grabbing the small box. More tears fall down my eyes and I sob, sniffing.

"Y-You were going to propose to her. She's going to be devastated when she sees this ring, Larcade! She's going to be devastated knowing that you died and you were going to propose! You can't die now! That is an order, Larcade! P-Please."

"For once...I don't think I'll be able to follow one of your orders, L-Lucy. You've always looked so...beautiful. From the inside and outside." Larcade says, shutting off his eyes.

"Larcade? Larcade, please don't leave. Don't leave me alone. Don't leave Mira alone in this world! She fucking needs you, dammit! Mavis, don't take him away! I beg you! Rip off my limbs for all I care but just bring him back." I said, screaming.

I will gladly give her this box, Larcade. I will take care of her and she will be happy again. But it's going to take her a long time to get over a guy like you. You're amazing, and strong, and that's exactly what she needed in life.

But you drifted off into a deep slumber. 

Holding onto Larcade, I kiss his forehead. This man was loyal to everyone and although we had our difficulties, he still stayed around. We were his only family and once Mira and Brandish find out about this, they'll be in deep distraught.

"I'm going to miss you...so much. That bastard isn't getting away with it. I promise you, we will avenge your death. You don't deserve this at all, Larcade. What did you do...in your past life to die so young in this life?" I mutter, continuing to cry. 

"He's gone, isn't he?" Natsu asks, crouching down beside me.

"He's in a better...place right now. He will be watching us from heaven, I'm sure of that." I reply, sniffing.

"Lucy! Juvia isn't moving." Gray announces, and I turn around.

"What?"

"She isn't responding to me. P-Please, we have to help her. I don't want to lose her." Gray says, and Natsu goes towards them.

I grab my phone and call Brandish. This isn't going to be good news to her but I need as much people in here as soon as possible.

"Lucy, hey! How's your honey–"

"Larcade is dead. I'm at Cana's house right now and there was an explosion. Juvia is highly injured and Erza is bleeding. You need to come with Wendy so you guys can help them. Come now!" I said through the phone.

"W-What? No...no way! How am I going to tell Mira this!? This can't be happening right now. I'll get Wendy and I'll be on my way!" Brandish says, hanging up.

I'm so sorry, Mira. I couldn't do anything. A boss is suppose to protect their people too. And I couldn't do anything at all. Just when you were happy with him...your happiness got stolen by none other than Achnologia.

He will die a painful one. I promise.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 49:

Dead on the Inside

**

This was painful to write killing off my baby. But it had to be done. 😭