What He Did

Lucy

The next day, I go downstairs from my room. Everyone is probably still asleep, I suppose. I go towards the kitchen and open the fridge. I grab a box of strawberries and a container of yogurt, and set them down on the counter.

I probably shouldn't even be making my own breakfast with only one arm but I can't keep relying on people to do things for me. Plus, I'm responsible for what happened to me and the girls that passed away.

"Good morning, Lucy." A male voice says, and I look up, a bit startled.

"Gray? Oh my god, you scared me. What are you doing here? I thought you went back home with Natsu." I said, confused.

"Yeah but he told me to stay here to keep an eye on things. I fell asleep on the couch. I apologize for startling you." Gray says, and I shrug it off.

"It's alright. You can make yourself some breakfast if you'd like."

"That's okay. I'm actually gonna go back home. Have a nice day, Lucy."

"Oh, okay. Goodbye, Gray. Take care." I said, and he leaves with his gun.

"I hope...you can forgive me one day."

What Natsu said yesterday night flashes through my mind. I'm curious on what he did to me that just blocks him from being with me. Whatever he did, Natsu must feel guilty about it and doesn't want to hurt me.

Suddenly, my phone rings and I jump. Walking towards it, I grab it and answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Lucy! Hey, it's Kagura. I heard about what happened with the explosion and your arm. Levy told me all about it. I'm so sorry about what had occurred. How are you feeling?"

"Like trash, Kagura. You have no idea what it's like to have your arm amputated. It's a terrible feeling. And it's my right arm, Kagura. My mother would always hold my right arm." I said, sighing.

"I'm really sorry. We should meet up soon. We can both talk about our shitty lives."

"You too? Ugh, don't tell me you have issues with your business. I can help you with that if you want–"

"No, it's not my business. It's just...I've been feeling a bit weird lately. My stomach is hurting a lot and I've been getting dizzy these past few days."

"Wait a minute, are you...pregnant?"

"No! Of course not. I haven't even slept with a guy for all I can remember. I honestly don't even know what happened that night a few days ago. It all seemed like a blur, Lucy. I can't remember a damn thing."

"Hey, let's meet up and we can both talk about it. I'll go to your headquarters and we can have a chat there. Sounds good?"

"Perfect. I can't wait to see you, Lucy. I'll be waiting." Kagura says, and I smile.

"Goodbye. See you then."

I hang up and sigh. If Kagura is pregnant, then it'll be bad for the business. Her enemies will go after her child once that baby is born. In this organization, you can't have children whatsoever.

No matter how bad you want to have a family, you just can't.

I meet up at Kagura's headquarters with Mira and Erza. Kagura gives me a hug at the entrance and hugs Mira and Erza as well. We all enter inside her home and I take in a deep breath.

"It always smells like lavender in here, Kagura. You're always the one to keep a house smelling great." I said, chuckling.

"You know me best, Lucy. Please, have a seat. Millianna! Can you please bring us a bottle of red wine and two glasses? Thanks!" Kagura says, and I smile.