Just Choose Me

You can't make yourself feel positive, but you can choose how to act, and if you choose right, it builds your confidence. - Julien Smith

Toby was already packing his luggage. His flight would be at 0900H tomorrow morning at Heathrow. He would be returning to Toronto. He admitted he was anxious more than ever. Her images kept disturbing his sleep for the past 2 weeks. He lost his appetite, felt so lonely even though surrounded by family and friends. He knew one thing for sure - he needs her.

Suddenly someone knocked his room.

"Hey sweetheart, you've already packing?" His mom was peeping in to his room, the door was ajar. He answered with a thin smile.

"What's up?"

"Toby, there's someone coming to see you. One of your old classmates," His mother added.

Who? Toby wishes to be alone but felt he was too selfish.

"OK. I'm coming. Just give me a minute," He quickly brushed his unruly blond curls. When he was about to put aside his shoulder bag, a piece of paper dropped to the floor and he picked it up. He stared at it, longer than he thought. It was "their" wedding picture - Mary and Francis. He still remember it was Addy who took the picture before the wedding scene. She looked beautiful. He printed it in Polaroid size and kept inside his note book where he wrote some poetry.

He realized he took more than a minute and rush downstairs to meet his visitor who was waiting in the living room.

"Hey mate! Remember me?" A guy taller than him with black hair and trimmed thick black beard. Toby knew him, he smiled and shouted - "Sean!"

They hugged like old friends. Sean was his old friend, they went to same school. They also went to the same drama club and theatre. But they found their own ways in acting. Since then they haven't kept in touch for a long time.

"What are you doing here? In London... I've heard you've moved to LA?" Toby asked. They sat on the couch. He found Sean was a bit matured and confident looking.

"My mom and dad are still here. Christmas time. An opportunity to visit them. Tell me... I heard you're in Toronto. New drama series called Reign? I saw you in Netflix, " Sean asked him.

"Yes, we almost finished the first season," Toby explained. His mother served them with tea and some homemade biscuits. His mother knew Sean, they met years ago.

"Sean, I barely recognize you. You've grown up like a man. How's your parents?" His mother interrupted then.

"Oh, they are doing great. My younger brother still lives with them." Sean explained.

"OK. Enjoy the tea and delicious biscuits. Toby made them," Toby's mother left them. Toby smiled at his mother's compliment.

"I saw you with the main actress. She's beautiful and very talented. Very good acting. What is her name?" Sean asked.

"Addy... I mean Adelaide Kane. Yeah, she's beautiful, talented and cheerful person to work with," Toby said, smiling. Just voicing out her name was enough to make his heart beating faster.

"Mate, you're lucky. Is she still available? You know... " Sean smiled and glanced at Toby. Toby immediately felt chocked after chewing the biscuit, and he drank his warm tea in one gulp. Then he shrugged, "I don't know"