I've Been Waiting

"Oceans apart day after day
And I slowly go insane
I hear your voice on the line
But it doesn't stop the pain"
- Richard Marx

The sky was gloomy when Addy arrived at the castle in the late afternoon. It was nearly 5 o'clock and it was getting darker. After 13 hours journey, she was feeling terribly exhausted. She was thinking to take a shower and a nice meal to overcome her hunger.

She took out her phone and didn't see any recent message. There was only an old one - A message that gave her the strength to move on.

I miss you and I can't wait to see you again - Toby xxx.

She couldn't see Toby around nearby the main entrance to the studio. The studio looked deserted in the cold and gloomy weather. She was thinking probably he was in the field, filming a few more scenes. He told earlier that he might be busy and unable to see her when she arrived from Toronto. She admitted to herself she missed him so much that it hurts. She knew she must be strong.

Toby, I've arrived and I'm terribly hungry. Bring me some nice food. Meet me at my trailer my love! - Love Addy xxx.

She quickly sent him the message. But there  was no immediate reply from him.

She brought a few heavy luggage and now she cursed herself coz she couldn't manage to bring them all at once to her old trailer. She remembered Toby's words that he couldn't believe the scale of her luggage. And now she was laughing to herself. Hahaha... Oh dear. How awkward I feel!

Carefully, she dragged her huge luggage bag, together with other bag on top of it and her heavy shoulder bag. The road to her trailer was slippery and wet, and she almost slipped on the pavement. She composed herself and carefully dragged her luggage again. But she didn't realize there was a small hole in the pavement nearby, she stepped it and fell to the ground on her buttock and the sharp gravel slightly injured her palm and causing sharp pain on her left ankle. Ouch!

She tried to stand up but the pain in her ankle mounting and she couldn't help not to wince. The gravel cut a bit of her palm and some blood trickled but not so fast. She smeared her coat a bit. Yet she couldn't see anyone can help her.

She dragged her bag slowly one more time, painfully. She wished she can just call Toby for help but she felt she still can manage herself. When she reached the corner to her old trailer, she stumbled with Sean who was looking surprised to see her. She gave a weak smile, still having pain in her ankle and palm.

Sean saw her bleeding hand and her limping gait, immediately he get closer to her. She quickly hid her hand.

"You're bleeding? What happened?" Sean was sounding concerned.

"I had a fall at the corner and... It's alright," Addy said, peaking at her bleeding hand, the wound looked dirty with dirt. Sean looked at her with feeling worried.

"No... That's not alright to me. Come, let me help with the wound. I know where they kept the first aid."

She felt reluctant to follow him but she felt she needed the help. She was glad she found Sean.