Charmed

"Alone we can do so little;
together we can do so much."
- Helen Keller

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conde bowed humbly to Queen Mary after introduced by her husband. He was struck by her beauty and her gracefullness. He felt a little bit jealous with his cousin, Francis. But he knew he was the one that saved his bastard child from the plague. As a reward he get a place in the French Court. He knew not everyone welcomed him. The Queen mother despised him for being a Bourbon. He didn't care about it. Now he got a trust from his cousin, King Francis - a new King of France that need allies against powerful nobles who were hungry for power. He did not care about the politics - his brother has been a great enemies against Valois family. He did not wish to be on the throne but he was very much interested to know about Queen Mary Of Scots. He already charmed by her secretly.

The baby was crying throughout the filming of the scene that afternoon. He was probably hungry or missing his mummy, or soaked his nappy. The director was not complaining. He got his shots and then a bit of editing. Anna was a bit restless too. She never handled baby on set for quite long with so many people around him. They still have one or two more takes. Addy saw from afar. She quickly move to the baby during the recess time. She asked permission from the career of the baby who was around the set, she held the baby on his arms and miraculously the baby stop crying - either the baby was exhausted or curious. Addy smiled to him. The little bundle cooed. He wanted to play, Addy guessed.

Sean was there, not far from Addy. He walked past Toby in the studio, moved rather quickly to Addy. Toby saw it but the director was busily talking to him about the scene setting. He couldn't just leave it.

Addy was caught in surprise by Sean standing next to her with the baby. She smiled at him. Sean saw she was very fond of the baby and the baby as well to her. They seemed had an immediate bonding together.

"I can see you like this baby so much... And he is too," Sean commented. He stroke the baby's head gently. But the baby immediately looked upset. And started wailing.

"Oh... You scared him!" Addy whispered. She quickly calmed the baby who appeared to be disturbed by Sean, rocked him in a lullaby. Sean took a step backward. He was surprised by Addy's reaction, being protective with the baby. He immediately left both of them as the director was calling for him. Toby saw it and quickly approached Addy.

The baby was still crying, more upset than before. Toby tried to hush the infant and asked Addy permission to hold him. Like a magic, the baby was stunned with Toby and he was quite comfortable with him. Probably Toby's face was like an angel. He probably already fell in love with him in the previous scene together.

"What the...?" Addy was surprised and felt so much relieved. Toby carresed the baby cheeks and wiped his tears. He chuckled happily.

"See, he likes me. Seems like I'm better than you handling babies," Toby said proudly. He also surprised by the baby immediate reaction. He knew that not every time he could console a baby.

"Don't be too confident my dear. Not everytime baby behaves nicely. I warn you," Addy couldn't help not to feel jealous with Toby who can handle it like a father figure.

Toby did not say anything. Only cooing the baby and he was still smiling to the cute chubby face infant. A minute later, mother of the baby came and took the baby to the nearest nursery set up in the studio.

"Addy, meet me in the cafe... Usual place, same time." Toby whispered to her before they parted. Addy nodded, smiled a bit. Days ago they had discussed about coming weekend. Both of them need a time together, away from the casts and crews. Away from making gossips about them. They were still careful. And they hope it still a secret, only between them.