Restless

"You make my heart race and there is no finish line" - Rachel Wolchin.

Toby was rushing to the cafe after long meeting with the directors and producers. They have planned to make "Francis Valois" available for each episode in Season 2. So the was not yet his "death" but probably some episodes of falling sick. He came to the cafe but it was almost 2 hours late. He couldn't find her. She wasn't at the same place waiting for him. He cursed himself - he forgot to text her. She might not forgive him. Immediately he reached his phone. No new message from her either. He quickly texted her.

I am so sorry Darling. I was in the middle of important meeting just now. Can I see you now? Toby xx.

He waited for her response for 5 minutes but it was nothing came out on his phone screen. He guess probably she was somewhere else or in the shower. Or in her trailer?

He made his mind, he went straight to her trailer. Hoping that she was there. He quicken his pace. Almost breathless when he almost near her trailer. He heard her laugh, he smiled immediately, but then he heard a loud familiar voice and his laughter. He recognized it. What the heck he's doing there?

He waited outside the trailer, the door was a bit ajar. He couldn't see them clearly from the small gap of the door but he could hear their conversation clear enough. He leaned to the door as near as he could. He needed to know.

"Are you kidding?" Addy shouted followed by laughing.

"Yes and no. But it's real," Sean said.

"Really? I couldn't believe you're hired straight away after the play at school. You must be very talented," Addy praised. Sean smiled broadly.

"How about you? How did you landed in Reign?"

"Hmmm... Nothing like you. I was struggling alot - from being a student in school, unrecognizable by anyone, well, I'm not very popular. Then I graduated from high school, had a few jobs, just enough for me to get a few auditions. Not to mention that I was being rejected a number of times. Fortunately, after I took some small roles, then I come to Reign audition, accepted immediately," Addy explained lengthy.

"Then, they don't know you enough," Sean said and added, "Your acting skill is very good that I can say. You're so convincing as Mary Queen Of Scots, from the first moment I set my eyes on you. I was totally glued on the TV from the first episode," Sean praised her again.

"Oh Sean, I think I am not only one that makes this series work and successful. The other crews and casts did make a lot of contributions. And so many said it was Toby that makes the difference, not me."

"Come on. Don't look at your self awfully. Toby is lucky to have you around. I don't think he would perform very well without you. You're the factor of this success," Sean tried to convince her again.

"Yeah... Sometimes I feel like I am having a competition with him. He is talented. The most agreeable, among the casts. Most of the time, I'm afraid his success will challenge my career," she told him her most fear. She almost forgotten how much she loved him. She was a bit angry with him for leaving her feeling helpless. They rarely had a time together since coming to Ireland. She felt one tear almost falling down on her cheek.

"Addy, what's wrong? You can tell me anything," Sean saw her sadness. He moved closer to her and hugged her from her right. He added, "Don't be sad. I'm here."

Addy couldn't say a word. She buried her face to Sean chest, sobbing. Sean was alarmed by her sudden change of mood. He thought she was clearly in depressed mood but he didn't understand the reason behind this. He caressed her back repeatedly and without hesitation, he kissed her forehead gently. He kept saying, "It's alright, I'm here".

From the gap of the door, Toby was shocked when he saw their intimacy. Sean was with her when she was vulnerable. He suddenly felt he was out of breath and he needed to run away from them.

Toby reached his trailer. He got inside in a rush. He felt miserable. He couldn't think clearly. All the future with her that he imagined already disappeared. He fell on his knees and sobbing. He was totally heartbroken. He couldn't believe what he just saw. He was just in the beginning of  losing her to his friend.

"She missed him. And she was scared, deep down, because she felt him pulling away from her, and even though he assured her he wasn't, she didn't believe him." - Harriet Evans

" - Harriet Evans

To be continued.