San Diego, Here I Come

"Who'd believe that
after all we've been through 
I'd be able to put my trust in you 
Goes to show you can forgive and forget 
Looking back I have no regrets 'cause

You'd be there, when I needed somebody 
You'd be there, the only one
who could help me"
- Boyzone

Finally four of them arrived at the hotel in the morning. They got only less than 1 hour to prepare before the Comic Con in San Diego. Megan lost her luggage bag in the busy airport. The authority already started to search for it. Fortunately, this is not the first time for her, she already brought one blouse in her sling bag, just in case.

Addy wore a casual one-piece dress, while Toby chose to wear his newly bought Hawaiian-like shirt. He looked fresh and cheerful by the time Addy saw him at the lobby. Addy too. She couldn't help not to smile at him, admiring his taste for his colorful shirt. Just suited him well. Toby loved her dress - especially when it exposed her slender neck and  shoulder. He could spot the small mole on her left shoulder. He loved the mole as well as her freckles and he considered it as part of her natural beauty. Toby giggled to himself.

That was Toby's first time to San Diego. The weather was remarkably different from Toronto - the sky was blue, it was quite windy and the sun shine throughout the day. He loved it. It reminded his annual holiday in Spain, in summer time, when it wasn't blazing hot.

Addy has been here in San Diego for a couple of time with her friends during summer break since her parents lived in LA. She knew all the attractions there. She knew Toby would love to be in San Diego.

Together with Laurie, Megan, Toby and Addy, they went to the Comic Con by a sponsored transport. Toby who was sitting at the front passengers seat, was rather quiet but looked excited. He didn't want to miss see anything along the way. Laurie and Megan was busily talking, while Addy couldn't stop looking at Toby. Toby didn't know he was admired from afar by Addy. He was enjoying the song played by the local station - a song from Boyzone, Picture Of You. The lyrics burned in his mind - "I had a picture of you in my mind, Never knew it could be so wrong, Why'd it take me so long just to find..."

He glanced at the back seat, saw Addy  winked her eyes and giggled at him. He chuckled and winked his usual left eye to her, forgetting Megan and Laurie were in between her in the MPV. Both Megan and Laurie looked quite puzzled at him. He was slightly embarrassed and quickly adjusted his seat, laughing quietly at his obvious ridiculousness.

"Sometimes I look at you,
and I wonder... How I got
to be so damn lucky"

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

The day at Comic Con started early with some brief meeting and breakfast with the committee

The day at Comic Con started early with some brief meeting and breakfast with the committee. They were informed they have a panel session, tour around the place, photo sessions and a number of interviews by various groups of media representatives and reporters. It would be ended with a high tea session.