Pretending

"To pretend, I actually do the thing: I have therefore only pretended to pretend." - Jacques Derrida

Francis loved his wife. But he was also a king of France and a father to a child. He has to divide his attention to nobles and comrades as a ruler. He was so much wanted to be like his father. Rules with fist. But he was too soft in his heart. Mary was left with feelings that she was unable to help him. She didn't have a role to rule like him. She just a consort. Without an heir promised for the country stability, she felt even more vulnerable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toby paced in front of the costume department and repeatedly looked into his watch. He has a date with Addy tonight. He was so nervous to meet her, his feelings was so different after spending a night with her. He couldn't hide his feelings, pretending that nothing happened between them.  He simply too in love with her.

They just had two scenes filmed together in the couple bed chamber - Francis just returned from rescuing Lola's baby and reunited with her beloved wife. Previously Addy was feeling very awkward to film any intimate moments with Toby in first season, she felt she was being watched, scrutinized and laughed by other crews and casts. She recalled it as "sexy time", well, she was usually clad only with some tapes and one garment. Toby as well mentioned his wardrobe for the day was given in a sachet that supposed to be filled with marbles when he was small. He referred it as a sock and he himself felt ridiculous and awkward when first filmed it with Addy. He couldn't help, he told that he successfully got his sachet to his mother. He was glad everything went very fast when they were minimally dress, next to each other, to perform as loving couple. The director made it smooth and there was no need to repeat many angles because their chemistry was extraordinary. Toby knew there was do's and don'ts, reminded earlier, he followed it obediently without compromised the passion. Addy understood the task well and she was well aware what Toby was going to do in every move. She admitted to herself she gradually liked it and he was extraordinary as "sex God" to her. The only problem they couldn't do very much as much as they really in love with each other. Addy noticed Toby was so serious and very professional in that scene but he was also caring and loving. That made her loved him deeper. She noticed today he smiled shyly and blushed after the director said cut. Toby whispered to her, "we should review this scene again tonight". It made her chuckled.

Toby smiled to himself after thinking of her and all the scenes they had. How long they had to continue this charade? Pretending to be loving couple was becoming a difficult task for him as his heart already fell for her. They had to hide their mutual feelings to each other after filming. They had to pretend they were friends only, not more than that. And he even cheated to his close friends that he already had a steady relationship with a girl back in London to cover up their secrets. He informed about his lies to Addy who did not think it was a good idea. He told the truth of his relationship with Addy, only to his grandmother, a few months back when he arrived in Ireland. He was glad his grandmother was happy of his news and she gave her blessing.

Toby kept pacing back and forth. Minutes felt longer than he thought. Why she took so much time? A massage got into his phone. It was from Sean.

Hey mate! Wanna have drink together with me and Torr? Jonathan and Craig are coming too. We're meeting at the only bar in town. Meet you there!

What the....? Toby immediately thought. He was thinking to bring Addy to the same place that provides dines. How could they have a date with everyone they knew would be there? His mind was racing for a solution but he felt he came to dead end.

"Hey darling"

Toby startled. Addy came close to him and planted a kiss on his cheek. He blushed and smiled adoringly. Without saying anything, he responded by hugging her tightly and kissed her hair. He was sure no one can see them in behind the studio.

"Are you okay?" Addy asked him, noticed later on he was a bit tense.

"Yeah, I'm OK," Toby said hesitantly and continued, "Sean asked me to join the boys night out at the bar.... together with Torr, Johnny and Craig. But... But we are supposed to have a date tonight, at the same place... How?"

"That sounds complicated to me....You can either bring me or we go other place, or we just postpone our date. How about that?"

"That's a difficult choice indeed... I don't want to choose them over you. That's not fair." Toby said sadly. He held her cheek in his palm.

"Tobes, I want you but we know our love has to be kept as secret as long as we can. I hate that idea but I hope you understand. Maybe one day we make another date... Agree?" Addy held his hand and kissed his palm. Toby immediately smiled. He loved her gentleness.

"I don't know what to say...it's supposed to be our night. I'm gonna miss you..." Toby whispered to her ear. He was going to miss the sweet smell of her hair, their closeness.

"Look Toby, don't be sad, okay? Enjoy yourself. You're not gonna miss me. I'm still here. Call me tonight after your night out. Or text me. Whatever darling."

Toby looked into her brown eyes endearingly. She was beautiful even under the shadow, like a moonlight, among the stars that he always adored. The tips of their noses eventually touched each other. He kissed her lips gently, savoring each seconds and she responded with a moan. Then they were both smiling in between their kisses. They needed each other very much but they had to keep on pretending. Immediately he got a crazy idea - he should bring her far away from Ireland, back to London and meet his grandmother.

"It seemed clear that people in love lived in constant jeopardy. They were either making love or making each other crazy."
- Michael Lee West

" - Michael Lee West

To be continued.