Safe And Sound

"What do you do when the one person you want comfort from the most is the one who caused your pain? How can I want so desperately for him to wrap me up in his arms but also want so much for him to leave me alone."
-Amanda Grace

~~~~~~~~~
It was nearly dark and the surrounding was getting darker. Mary has been running for hours. She was trying to escape from the beast that chasing her within the woods. She ran as fast as she could but her feet felt getting weaker. She didn't know where she should go this time. Her mind felt numb. Nobody was there to save her. Not even Francis. Where is he? Did he was attacked by the beast too? She suddenly felt guilty of leaving him behind after their fight. She did know why she hated him so much but loved him with all her heart.

Oh noo!! The wind was crashing her face and she stopped at the edge of the cliff... She has nowhere to go. Nowhere!! She only see a full rage of ocean below and she has no choice she has to jump. She refused but the beast was already near her. She looked at it - the eyes were red and full of rage. She was terrified. Her feet slipped at the cliff and the gravity pulled her mercilessly. One hand suddenly gripped her arm, out of nowhere and she saw an image of Francis at the edge of the cliff but they were too late, they were both pulled down together into the darkness...

"Nooo!!! Francis!!"

She woke up, terrifying. Her forehead was dampen with sweats. She looked around and to her relief, she was still in the plane, safe and sound. To her surprise, her head wasn't on her pillow but on Toby's chest, their hands intertwined, clasping tightly each other palms. He stirred by her muffled shout and lifted his head.

"Are you okay?" Toby whispered. His voice was hoarse.

Addy quickly adjusted her seat and entangled her hands from him. She immediately blushed. Embarrassing what had happened. And she was questioning herself, how Toby ended up next to her

She just remembered how she wanted so much to be far from him. She hated him so much that she felt she has lost him but still hoping it just merely a nightmare. Deep, really deep down inside her, she still wanted to be with him and she was feeling quite glad Toby sat next to her.

She didn't know what to say. And Toby too. They were starring in each other face. Their eyes, like two marbles collided to one another, creating a spark between them. Almost forgetting their anger and hatred earlier, they were drowning in their long lost encounter. Addy felt like she was possessed with his eyes and her lips were longing for a kiss that could heal her misery. Toby, to his surprise, couldn't resist to touch her lips. They're so close to one another, so close that they didn't aware of their surroundings...

The intimate moment was suddenly interrupted - the flight crew just broke the silence of the early morning by announcing of their arrival to San Diego. Everyone in the flight woke up, waiting till the flight touch down. Both Toby and Addy distanced themselves a bit.

A smile crept on Addy's face. She knew she wouldn't forgive him easily or let him kiss her. Not in front of Megan and Laurie. Toby saw her reaction and made him smile too. Slightly embarrassed and it made him blushed. Did she forgive me?

They remained in silent for the next couple of minutes. Addy was slightly anxious during the touch down. Her hand was tightly holding the side bar of her seat. Toby noticed it and put his hand on top of it and hold her hand reassuringly. She looked at him with an anxious look, slightly in anger but he returned a reassuring smile.

"I hate you, Toby Regbo," Addy said, plainly with no expression on her face. Toby startled. She didn't forget and forgave him yet.

"With all the mess you've done," She added. She brave herself looking forward but couldn't deny she was terribly scared when the height of the plane already lowered. She was slightly shaking.

"I'm so sorry. I'm such a fool... And I'm hoping you forgive me," Toby said. He felt ashamed of his mistakes.

"Yes you're...how am I supposed to forgive you?... You are unfortunately an.... adorable fool," Addy said plainly, fighting with her own anxiety.

"This adorable fool, unfortunately, in love with you, want to love you... if you give him a chance,"

Addy turned facing him. He looked sullen and pretty badly scolded by her. She smiled, almost chuckled. This time she placed her hand over his hand and she allowed Toby's fingers intertwined with hers. He looked into her eyes and he saw no more hatred but only love between them. He leaned closer to her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"All I want is to protect you.... To be near you... As long as I am able," Toby said softly. It was clear enough for Addy despite of the rumbling sound of the plane engine. She felt so safe. She felt safe when she was in love.

At the horizon, both can see the dawn finally arrived

At the horizon, both can see the dawn finally arrived. And the clear San Diego sky celebrated their arrival.

"Everything is possible.
You once told me not too long ago
we should always have hope and I do."
- T.S. Krupa

To be continued.