02. Porky Pig

— • —

— • —

"Think it's green enough?"

      Luna looked up from her notebook, nodding in response to the girl from the stage crew. It was getting late now, and to say she was tired was an understatement. All she wanted was to go home and curl up in bed to watch reruns of Friends until Peter showed up at her window to calm her nerves so she could sleep. Yet she stayed in school, working on fixing everything for the school play, the play she was a lead in and in charge of.

      As if Mr.Warren could read her mind, he took the book from the girl's hands. "You can go home now," He told her, placing the notebook back in her hands. She opened her mouth to protest, but he shushed her. "It's a Friday, don't you want to go home and do teenager things? I can handle the stage set up Ms.Moon."

      She let her shoulders relax, a smile tugging at her lips. "Thanks Mr.Warren," she stepped back, grabbing her bookbag, "I'm available if you need me anytime this weekend." He waved her off with a smile as she walked backwards out of the auditorium, the feeling of guilt very present. With the play being so close, last minute preparations were looming over the entire drama department, and as president, she needed to make sure nothing went unfixed. It was her responsibility, not Mr.Warren's, yet here she was, leaving the load on him.

      She backed into the door, unaware that someone stood on the other side of it, peeking in through the tiny window on the door. The person let out a yelp as the door hit them, Luna's eyes widening as she scrambled through the door, ready to apologize to the person. Her panicked eyes softened as they landed on Danielle, even though the girl was glaring at her.

      "Why am I not surprised?" She muttered bitterly, her hand resting on her forehead.

       Luna frowned, "Dani, are you-"

      "Don't touch me," she stepped away from Luna's reach, beginning to walk away from the girl. "I should have expected Luna Giraldo to hurt me, wouldn't be the first time."

      Luna's face visibly fell at the words muttered under the girl's breathe as she walked away, not even bothering to say it to her face. After that day Luna saw the girl in Brooklyn, she'd been hostile, growing more and more mean as days passed. Luna had always assumed it was something she said that day, despite being as polite as she possibly could, but now she understood the girl just flat out hated her. Hated her like anybody would hate their ex, except they were never official. Which confused her even more, seeing as Danielle was the one who told her to pursue Peter, yet now she was angry that she did.

      Choosing not to think about it at that moment, Luna walked the opposite way towards the exit, fiddling with the notebook in her hands. The train ride to her neighborhood was boring as per usual, it being spent scooching as far as possible from the person sat beside her, and peaking through bodies to see the stop every few minutes.