31. The Truth

— • —

— • —

        "So, where's the wedding?"

        Luna glared at her brother. "Where's your hairline?" The past couple hours have been spent with Andrew poking fun at Luna, more specifically her relationship with Peter. Teasing already took place regularly as soon as he heard the two exchange 'I love yous' but finding out Luna snuck him in was the last push he needed. While he found his little sister's relationship incredibly adorable and heartwarming, there was always going to be a small part of him that wanted to be that annoying brother.

        Andrew scoffed. "I have a hairline. Where's your nails?"

        "Low blow," Luna mockingly pouted, holding up her chewed off fingernails for emphasis. The two siblings couldn't help but snicker at the short spat, a nice change of mood after the last few days. It didn't last long as the doorbell rang, Andrew excusing himself to go get it, seeing as he was waiting on his boyfriend.

       "Porky pig, huh." Luna was quick to leap off the bed as she heard Andrew's nickname for Peter. "No window this time?"

        Peter was blushing furiously by the time Luna made it to the door, Andrew wearing a look of amusement. He looked to Luna for help, not at all surprised as the girl joined her brother in his intimidating stance. "Yeah, babe, no window?"

       Andrew mockingly gagged at the use of the pet name, earning a nudge from Luna along with a glare. "My boyfriend is here so," he pointed to Peter, "don't try anything. Diana should be home in less than an hour."

       "Great. That's just enough time to be rebellious," Luna muttered sarcastically, finally ushering Peter inside.

        Andrew snorted. "You two goodie goodies think being rebellious is crossing the street without looking both ways."

       "Not looking both ways isn't rebellious, it's just being careless," Luna scoffed.

       "My point exactly," Andrew snickered, blowing kisses to the two before walking out of the door.

         As much as Luna hated to admit it, Andrew was right. She was only interested in hearing Peter's story about his meeting with Tony Stark, not partaking in unspeakable activities like Andrew had suggested. She was bouncing in her place, the entire bed shaking as she grew more and more excited to hear the details. Peter watched her in amusement for a moment, before joining her, the two sitting cross legged across from one another.

        With excessive hand movements, and dramatic sounds of reaction from Luna, Peter finished his story. "And I turned him down."

        Luna stared across at her boyfriend with a blank expression. "I'm sorry, did you just say you turned him down? You, Peter Parker, turned down being an actual avenger?" Peter nodded. "Why? Peter, I thought that's what you wanted!"