03. Milk War

— • —

— • —

Peter didn't leave for a while, and he most likely wouldn't have left at all if it weren't for Luna reminding him that his aunt thought he was home. As much as his aunt loved her, she didn't want to risk getting on her bad side by having him spend the entire night at her house. Not that he would have been allowed to, seeing as Victoria would learn to fly before letting her teenage daughter spend the night with her boyfriend.

The one thing Luna hated about late nights was how much it'd make her think. If she wasn't asleep before midnight, then she would be awake for many hours past it, just letting herself wonder. With Peter there, it only seemed to be worse. She could barely listen to a sentence he spoke without her mind trailing off, thinking of all the undiscovered parts of the ocean, or if Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner continued dating, would she take his last name and make them both Taylor Lautner?

It was almost 1:30 when Luna sat up abruptly, startling the half-asleep boy lying beside her. He was quick to sit up, slightly concerned as she got off the bed and walked across the room. She came back to sit beside him with a plastic covered book, and without a word, she opened it to reveal a bunch of yellow envelopes. This particular late night, Luna's mind couldn't help but think of her father and all the letters he'd been sending her. So with the comfort of Peter's arm around her, she was able to read three of the nine letters before the tears became too painful to hold in.

It was then that Luna decided it was probably best for Peter to make his way home, not only because she didn't want him to see her crying over her daddy issues, but because May was bound to check his room at some point. Peter was reluctant to leave at first, insisting that he could stay a while longer, but she wasn't allowing it. So with a tender kiss, she bid her boyfriend a farewell, and went to bed immediately after.

The weekend quickly came to an end, and Monday was upon them, much to the displeasure of the teenagers. It seemed as if every teacher was in a bad mood that morning, assignment upon assignment being given with due dates much too soon. At first, Luna thought it was just her teachers, but when Mia Lancaster sat down and let out an almost animalistic growl, she knew it wasn't just her.

"I hope Ms.Henderson dies a virgin," She grumbled as she digged in her bag, Luna raising an eyebrow in amusement. "I mean it, she's the bitchiest teacher at this damn school. I hope she never has sex in her entire miserable life."

"And how do you know she hasn't already?" Liz asked as joined them at their table, immediately stealing a grape from the container settled in front of Luna. "Isn't she like, forty?"

      Mia's face morphed into one of disgust. "You think anybody would sleep with that? Because I don't."

Liz shrugged. "Can never be too sure. I was pretty sure Peter Parker was gonna be single for all four years of high school when he choked trying to ask me to pass him a textbook on the first day of school, but he's dating one of the hottest girls in the sophomore class now."