40. MOMA

— • —

— • —

Luna Giraldo moved her hands to rest on her hips, her lips downturned to provide the smallest pout, while her hair rested over one of her shoulders. She stood that way for a moment, eyes unblinking before a broad grin spread across her lips. "Did you get it?" She asked excitedly, practically bouncing in place, a drastic contrast to the once serious, model-like pose she displayed before.

Peter nodded just as excitedly, holding out his phone to her to display the image of her stood next to a work of art being displayed, the two posing identically. Luna clapped with content, before nodding her head in the direction of their classmates, signaling for them to catch up. Hiking her bag higher up her shoulder, she jogged to catch up to her class, expecting Peter to follow behind her. And he did, but only after taking a moment to set the newly snapped photo as his new lock screen, replacing the previous image of Luna at her spring musical with a bouquet of flowers.

Liz rose an eyebrow at her best friend when she rejoined the group. "Where have you been?"

Luna glanced at her for a moment before settling her focus on the painting in front of them. "With Peter taking pictures." To further back her up, Peter extended his phone out to Liz, the picture he just took displayed. Liz regarded him with a roll of her eyes, but still craned her neck forward to get a good look at the photo, much to Peter's pride. Unconsciously, Luna found herself reaching back to grip his hand, her eyes still trailing over the numerous paintings adorning the walls. Peter, still swiping through his multiple photos to show Liz, grasped her hand without another thought, their fingers intertwining with a gentle squeeze.

Mia, however, did take notice of the small interaction. "Okay, that," she gestured to the two of them with a finger, both halves of the couple staring at her with evident confusion. "That little handhold-without-looking thing, that was cute."

Both Peter and Luna glanced down at their intertwined fingers, neither phased by the sudden urge for physical contact. Luna shrugged, a gentle smile resting on her lips. "Thanks, Mia." With that, she gave Peter's hand a tug, leading him in another direction to another collecting in the museum. 

Liz watched as the two stepped into the next hall and Luna pressed a kiss to Peter's cheek unprompted, causing him to grin at her before dropping the hand he held to drape it around her shoulder. She couldn't help but snicker at the sight of the two, shaking her head as the two behaved like they were on a date rather than a school trip. "Do they seem extra lovey-dovey today?" Liz asked aloud, assuming one of the two people beside her would be thinking the same.

"No." "Yes."

Mia and MJ looked at each other as they gave different responses, before frowning at one another. "I think they are," MJ emphasized.

"I don't think they are," Mia disagreed, crossing her arms over her chest. "They're just being Peter and Luna and making everyone be jealous of their love."