24. Together

— • —

— • —

"So, how long have you and Peter been dating?"

There was nothing worse than having to explain to your father that you had to leave dinner with her family early because your boyfriend was missing. It brought on too many questions that Luna couldn't answer, all because she knew he wasn't actually missing, but she also knew he might not be okay if he wasn't answering. It didn't help that when she unlocked her phone, the first notification she got was of Mia sending a message in their groupchat, a link to an article to be specific.

Staten Island Ferry: People yelling sinking ship as fight breaks out between criminals and Queen's local hero, Spider-Man.

It took Luna everything in her to not burst into tears when she got in her dad's car, the girl remaining mostly silent as she was curled in the backseat. She wanted to be positive, and think that maybe Peter just lost his phone throughout all the action, but another part of her kept thinking back to her dream from DC. Beaten and bloody Peter had scarred her, and she'd rather herself get hurt than ever have to see Peter in that state.

Tearing her eyes away from the window, she looked just in time to see Alicia hit her fiance on the arm, giving him a stern glare. He shot her a look before looking in the mirror, meeting Luna's eyes.

"You don't have to answer him," Alicia sighed, shaking her head. "I'm sure you don't want to talk about that..."

The teenage girl hesitated, before responding, "Four months."

Andres nodded. "That's... nice. How does your mom feel about you guys?"

"Andres."

"What?" He looked quickly to Alicia. "I'm just trying to take her mind off of it!"

"By talking about him? Seriously?"

"She likes him," Luna interjected, causing the couple to stop arguing and look back at her. "Mami, I mean. She likes Peter. So does Di and Andrew. Everybody likes him..." Luna choked up as the apartment came into view, the car coming to a stop. "This is it..."

"Hey," Luna stopped as Alicia turned in her seat, offering the girl a sad smile. "I hope everything turns out okay. Call us."

She nodded, waving bye to the three before leaving the car completely. Her head remained hung as she stepped into the apartment building, feet dragging across the floor. She could hear her heart pounding in her ears, all different scenarios passing through her mind of what she'd go upstairs to see. Without even realizing, she'd made her way into the elevator and all the way to Peter's floor, her hand coming down on the door in a fury of knocks.

The door was tugged open to reveal May, look slightly less disheveled that what Luna had pictured when she first called. The woman was speaking so quickly on the phone that Luna wasn't even sure she heard her right, but when she heard a cry from the woman, she knew something was wrong. May relaxed upon seeing Luna was on the other side of the door, instantly stepping back to let her in.

"He just got back," she told the girl, Luna letting out a sigh of relief. "He's in the shower, but you can wait. Sorry if I worried you."

Luna shook her head, slowly making her way to the couch. "No, it's fine. I would have worried more if you didn't call me, honestly."

"It's just with all that's happening, and the whole ferry thing today, I-I get worried, you know?" Luna turned to May as she sat beside her, the two girls sharing a look. "Peter... he's in his own world, and I don't feel as apart of it as I used to be."

Hesitantly, Luna placed a hand atop of May's that rested between them. She knew the feeling. The feeling of losing Peter to a world she wasn't apart of. To see him disappear and not know what he went to do. To wake up in fear that he wouldn't be okay. To love him so dearly that she'd rather see herself hurt than see him hurt. They both felt that for the boy, wether he knew it or not.

May looked over to the girl upon being touched, Luna offering her a small smile. "I know the feeling," she said softly, "and I know Peter doesn't intend to make you feel that way, he's just dumb sometimes. He'll come to his senses soon, I promise."

May didn't say anything, only wrapping her arms around Luna. Luna accepted the hug graciously, embracing the woman just as tight, head falling to her shoulder. She could feel her heart returning to a steady pace, all the stress brought on from Peter's disappearance dissipating with each second spent in the embrace. May's tense shoulders relaxed as well, the two women basking in the warmth of one another.

"May?" The two broke apart as a voice spoke, Luna looking up to meet the shocked eyes of Peter Parker. "Luna..." She frowned as she caught sight of his puffy eyes, her eyes darting in the direction of his room as a silent gesture. "Uh, I gotta talk to Luna, in my room."

May nodded, shooting Luna another smile as she got up from the couch, the girl returning with an equally as joyful smile. Her smile faltered as she joined Peter, his feet dragging as he lead her to his room.

The moment the door shut, Luna had her arms around him, the boy instantly returning her hug. "He took my suit," Peter whispered, the fragile tone tugging at Luna's heart. "He took my suit back."

"Peter, what happened?" She breathed out, fingers trailing through his hair comfortingly.

"I wanted to fix things by myself, but I just made things worse," he mumbled, pulling back to meet her eyes. Luna could feel a lump forming in her throat as tears had gathered in his eyes, and her hands quickly slipped from his hair to cup his cheeks. "I thought I could do it... but I couldn't."

Her mind instantly went back to the spat in the hallway, the girl only able to confront Danielle when Peter was mentioned. "Sometimes we need help," she whispered, thumb stroking his cheek. "We'll figure this out, together. I promise." Her hands dropped to hold his, leading him over to his bed. "For now, I'm thinking cuddling and Star Wars? Sound good?" Peter nodded, waiting for Luna to finish set up before tugging her down, wrapping his arms around her tightly.

"I love you, Luna."

She flushed. "I love you too, Peter." His lips twitched into a slight smile before he brought his hands to her cheeks, bringing her face up until their lips met. Luna couldn't help but smile against his lips, hands resting against his chest as they kissed.

"What did I say about having the door closed?"

— • —

double update because we are finally getting the paraldo content I have wanted since lovebug, heck yea !!!!

(also not my gif but how fuckin perfect is it)