36. Cool Dude

— • —

— • —

Peter stared back at Luna with wide eyes as she stood at his front door, a broad grin on display. "I did not booty call you," he mumbled in embarrassment, stepping back to allow the girl to step into his apartment. His cheeks only further reddened when Luna paused in front of him, motioning with a single finger for him to step closer to her. Following instructions, he shuffled forward, allowing for Luna to lean up on her tippy toes and press a kiss to his nose.

She pulled back with a slight smile. "Sure you didn't," she teased, tapping a finger against his nose before whirling on her heel.

"I didn't!" Peter protested, shutting the door before following Luna further into the apartment. She didn't stop until she was in his bedroom, pausing to kick her shoes off in the corner before getting herself comfortable on his bed. "I was just... suggesting that you come over."

"So why mention May?"

Peter's cheeks burned. "You...you like having privacy."

Luna propped her head against her hand; an eyebrow quirked at Peter. "Do I?" Peter nodded quickly. "Hm, I guess I do. Well, we should probably take advantage of this privacy, since I treasure it so much."

Peter couldn't help the smile that spread across his lips as Luna proceeded to wiggle her eyebrows at him mockingly. With a chuckle, he kicked the door to his bedroom shut and made his way across the room to settle into the bed beside her. Upon being joined, Luna grabbed ahold of Peter, pulling him as close to her as possible. Peter half expected Luna to instigate an impromptu makeout sesh somehow but was left bright-faced when her lips began peppering kisses across his face.

"Luna," he muttered under his breath, only to be hushed by the said girl as she continued to cover his face. A smile tugged at his lips when she pulled back for a moment, fondness present in her eyes before she lowered herself once more to place a chaste kiss on his slightly puckered lips. "Are you done?" He asked sarcastically, despite the cheesy smile fighting its way onto his face.

Luna grinned. "Well, since you asked..." Peter laughed as Luna's head dipped once more, her lips barely brushing his cheek before Peter was cupping her cheeks, forcing her to meet his eyes once more. "Gosh, a girl tries to show some love for her boyfriend, and he treats her like she's committing a crime."

Peter rolled his eyes, lifting his head slightly to press a kiss to her cheek before lowering once more. He watched with a dazed smile as Luna's cheeks turned light pink, her fingers moving up to twirl around the curly strands of his hair. For a moment, Peter lost his train of thought, only focusing on the heavenly feeling of Luna's gentle touch. Then the cold metal of her charm bracelet brushed against his temple, and he suddenly remembered what he needed to speak to her about.

"Did you tell Mia?" Luna's eyes flitted down to his, and she nodded slowly before her eyes focused on the single strand of hair curled around her middle finger. "How did that go?"