33. Do Something

— • —

— • —

"How are you feeling?"

Luna's head snapped to the direction of the voice, though she was met with darkness. Slowly, she took in her surroundings, swallowing harshly as she was able to make out nothing, not even a silhouette. Before she could respond to the voice, they were speaking again.

"Silly question, since I know how you're feeling." Then he stepped out of the darkness. Peter. "You're scared, unsurprisingly."

Luna's brows furrowed as she looked over this Peter. His hair was tousled, something she rarely saw with the real Peter, cuts scattered across his face like the first time. She knew she was scared of seeing him hurt, but why this Peter always appeared for the sole purpose of antagonizing her was still unknown.

"You and I think we cracked it," he said quietly, Luna's breathe hitching when he stepped closer, "but we didn't." He stepped back, smirk tugging at his lips. "You're too dependent on people, and while I'm okay with that, you're not." He snapped his fingers, another figure forming in the darkness. "So let's tackle a fear right here, all alone."

Luna swallowed harshly when the person stepped into the light, exposing their identity. Danielle.

"You want to think you aren't afraid of your dear ex girlfriend," Peter continued, leading Danielle forward. "But you are. In fact, you're terrified of her, of what she knows, what she could do. So, let's get this over with."

Tears had begun to prick at Luna's eyes now as she was unable to tear her eyes away from the glaring hazel of Danielle's. "I don't want to do this," she cried out, trying with all her might to turn away, yet something held her head in place.

"Why? Need the real me to hold your hand?" Peter taunted her, eyes turning dark. "Maybe you need an extra push." With that, he snapped his fingers, this time the figure appearing in the light.

Together stood the father and daughter duo. Ernie Lakewood and Danielle Georgeson.

"How about now, Luna?" Luna shook her head. "Can you do it now?"

"Peter, stop," she begged, but he didn't let up. He gestured for the two to move forward, both following his instructions, taking another step forward. "Peter." Another step forward. "Stop." Her throat began closing, tears streaming wildly now. "Peter, stop!"

"No can do, babe."

That was all it took. Her crying grew louder as the two rushed towards her, the young girl still unable to move from her spot. She had no choice but to stand there and take what was happening to her. Allow his greedy hands to wander her body, while she stood lifelessly, not putting up a fight. The bruises on her hips appeared once more, the familiar shivers ran down her spine, the sick feeling in her stomach rushing back. She squeezed her eyes shut as Danielle's insults turned into threats, threats against her, against Peter, against anyone that meant something to her.