07. Revelations

— • —

— • —

The entire day was odd to say the least. If it wasn't bad enough that Liz and Mia were hovering like annoying parents, she just happened to run into Peter in the hall more often than not, and each time she forced herself to look away from him, knowing his eyes didn't dare to leave her until she was out of his sight. Liz and Mia had been sure to maintain a conversation throughout the classes they had together, and in the one class she didn't have with either of them, they'd gotten help from Michelle, who, shockingly enough, engaged in conversation with Luna.

She'd been so occupied, it didn't leave her much time to think about the state of her relationship. And she was glad for that. However, she knew it wouldn't last long seeing as she didn't have Spanish with Mia, Liz or Michelle, only with Peter. All she could hope was that he didn't try to speak to her, or she didn't know what'd she do.

Luna stared blankly at the teenage boy sitting across from her, contemplating her options of what to do with the current situation. She'd entered the lunchroom and sat at her usual table to wait for her friends, not expecting someone to join her anytime soon seeing as she was early. But instead, Flash Thompson sat across from her and didn't say a word, just stared at her in amusement as she stared right back.

"Hey, Moonie, did Michelle talk to you like I asked?" Luna snapped out of the unspoken staring contest, looking to Liz as she sat beside her, Mia sitting on the other side of the table. "She told me she would."

Luna nodded, "She did."

"Michelle actually did you a favor? I thought she hated us," Mia snickered.

Liz shrugged, "She doesn't hate me, maybe just you two."

Luna coughed, gesturing to the boy across from her, "Is nobody gonna tell me why Flash is sitting with us?"

Luna's face contorted into one of disgust as he threw his arm around Mia's shoulders, who seemed unfazed. "If you must know, Mia and I are dating now."

"I think I just threw up a little," Luna deadpanned.

Mia rolled her eyes, throwing the boy's arm off of her. "We got paired together for Ms.Henderson's assignment. Flash is so not my type."

Luna and Liz snickered as a look of offense crossed his expression, all while Mia smiled to herself. Luna didn't speak much to Flash, but as soon as she began dating Peter, it seemed like she was forced to speak to him, just for the sake of telling him to shut up. It would grind her gears to listen to how he spoke to Peter, all because he was jealous of him, yet Peter never let her take things too far with Flash, always tugging her away before she got the chance to launch herself at him.

"So Giraldo," Luna looked up from the notebook she'd been reading, gaze settled on a curious looking Flash, "why'd you and Parker break up?"

Mia and Liz both tensed up at the question, Luna's lips parting in surprise. "Excuse me?"