12. A Boy in Love

— • —

— • —

Being drama club president didn't leave Luna much free time the past few months, at least not for the after school activities she used to take part in. Now that the show was over and done with, she finally had time to spare. With the proposal of the self defense class succeeding, she now took on the task of showing people interested exactly what they were signing up for.

The school had gotten Esther on board with the class, promising the woman a very nice paycheck if the after school classes were a success. Due to the girls already being familiar with the teacher, they were chosen to help give Esther's presentation to the people who signed up, that being a group of about fifty. Liz and Mia could both see Luna was much more excited than she should have been, the girl bouncing in place as Esther went on to explain exactly what the students had in store if they chose to take part.

Luna grinned at her friend as they faced each other on the mat set out, prepared to show their fellow classmates exactly what they learned from Esther. She was stressed, so ridiculously overwhelmed by everything going on in her life that it seemed to go over her head that she was throwing Mia to the ground, and not an actual attacker. She just wanted to take her frustration out on something, and poor Mia was that something.

"I didn't hurt you too much, did I?" Luna asked as the three girls stepped out of the school, the sun setting.

Mia glanced her way, shaking her head. "I got used to you throwing me around a long time ago. I have a feeling it's gonna be talked about in school tomorrow, though."

"Oh, no doubt about it," Liz interjected, hiking her bag higher up her shoulder with a grin. "Everybody thinks Luna is small and adorable, so seeing her throw you to the ground like nothing isn't just gonna blow over. I think I saw a few people snapchatting it."

Luna sent Mia a sheepish smile as the girl sent her a glare. "Sorry?"

Mia waved it off. "It's whatever, at least it got people to sign up." She paused as they reached the gates, turning to Luna. "My brother has a game tonight, so I won't be able to take the train with you today, unless..."

"I love you, but Jonathan is a pain," Luna forced a smile as Mia huffed. "See you tomorrow!"

She should have gone to the stupid game.

The train was empty, making Luna feel uneasy, seeing as trains were never empty. She tried not to think much of it, fiddling with the ring around her pinky finger in an attempt to calm her nerves. It was a gift from Peter given to her on their one month anniversary. She could remember the day perfectly, having never smiled as wide as she did when she opened the door to see the boy holding a bouquet of sunflowers, a nervous smile twisted on his lips. He presented the ring to her soon after, the crescent shaped jewelry being slid on her finger while he rambled about how the sunflowers were the perfect contrast to the moon ring. She wore it everyday that summer, and even now, when their relationship was on the ropes, she still wore the ring.