Chapter 9

This chapter is dedicated to my one and only teemaamusa ❤️❤️❤️

It's been 2 good hours since the doctors took deedat to the emergency room and there's no sign of him or the doctors.

Mammy, daddy, ya afreen and her husband, bilal, ya jamal and his wife, Mukhtar, and reena all sat staring at the emergency room muttering duas to deedat while Abba and mama kept moving up and down in front of the emergency room.

Alhaji Bulama Buratai? The doctor called out Abba's name and Abba nearly jumped..

Yes yes yes doctor? Abba answered panicking and everyone rose to their feet heading to where Abba and the doctor were standing.

The doctor's face looks wrecked, his head facing down which made all of them panicked but they didn't utter anything...

Please follow me to my office...the doctor said to Abba and they walked to the office..

How could you be so careless Alhaji? I see you are not an illiterate, how could you not set your eyes on the health of your children?the doctor scolded and shook his head.
Abba swallowed the lump in his throat...what happened doctor? He asked...

Even though you're not a doctor you must have heard of this, firs of all is your son suffering from bones and joint pains? The doctor asked

Yes...Abba answered shortly.

Dizziness? He asked again
Yes..Abba answered

Fatigue, weakness? He asked
Yes....Abba answered

Fever and loss of appetite?
Yes,...

And finally bleeding? The doctor asked
Yes....Abba answered with tears in his eye.

Alhaji Bulama your son Deedat has LEUKEMIA....,finally the doctor broke the bad an unpleasant news.

What!!!! Abba shouted not believing his ears.

Incase you don't know what leukemia is then let me say blood cancer, he freaking has blood cancer....the doctor said through gritted teeth..

Innalillahi wainnailaihi rajiun...Abba said and a sob escaped from his mouth, even when his parent died all at ones he didn't cry but he had to cry for this, its blood cancer we are talking about..
How could I be so careless..he whispered in between tears...

At first it wasn't chronic, but the disease is spreading at a rapid rate, and another bad news is.....innalillahi wainnailaihirajiun...the doctor paused and murmured...

Abba shoot his eyes close, his heart was beating like 100000per second as he awaits the second bad news, he couldn't utter anything.

It's that deedat can only be alive from today 24th of November 2017 to 24th of November 2018 or maybe he could even die before 24th November 2018 but he couldn't pass that date if not Allah's will, Allah is the best planner, I can't be sure of what I've said but that is what the result has shown us.....the doctor finished with a sigh...

Just then Abba's heart stopped beating and he couldn't breathe normally. The doctor realized that he's asthmatic and quickly called on the nurse to bring inhaler and some drugs for him.

They tried and calm Abba down, Abba thanked the doctor and walked out of the office limping...

They all rushed to him and mama held him in her arms....
Alhaji what happened to my son? He's dead right? Mama asked Abba with a teary eyes while all of them stood immobile listening to what Abba is going to say.