Chapter 24

Dr Namadi was sitting in his office attending to some pregnant women when the door was suddenly flung open. He flinched and looked up only to see Alhaji bulama's angry face with another man beside him and three police officers.

Is everything ok? He asked standing up from his chair.
You don't have to say anything sir, you'll explain yourself when we get there...one of the police officers said and handcuffed him.

What did I do? Alhaji bulama what's wrong? He asked already panicking

Your questions will be answered only if we get there..the police said and dragged him out of the office.
******************************

Why did you lied about deedat having leukemia? The police asked Dr namadi jotting down the statements.

I didn't lie about anything, I have the result with me, Deedat has blood cancer.. Dr namadi said stubbornly.

Dr, kai babban mutun ne, I don't want to embarrass you or hit you in front of people, just tell me the truth and everything will be solved.

Dr namadi huffed and looked at Alhaji bulama.
Someone assigned me to do that work..he finally confessed.

Who's the person? Abba asked shooting dangers to dr namadi.

Alhaji Yusuf Indabawa, alhaji bulama's friend.
Alhaji bulama gasped and turned to look at Alhaji sabo.

What's his reason for doing that? The police asked again.
I don't know exactly his reason but he told me that he asked alhaji bulama to give him 20000million and he refused so he started collecting it the other way round.

You're Dr namadi right? Alhaji Yusuf asked shaking his hand.

Yes, you may sit...Dr namadi said smiling at him.

I want us to do a 10months business with you, and you'll gain much from it insha allah...alhaji Yusuf said

What's the business all about? Asked dr namadi.

I've been asking my friend for only 20million but he refused to give me and he has a lot of money, so I just think I should collect the money this way, and I think I'm going to collect more than iv asked him through this way.... alhaji Yusuf said with an evil smile.

What does it have to do with me then? And which way are you talking about? Dr namadi asked curiously.

You're going to help me and you too you'll have a share out of it...alhaji Yusuf said.

Go ahead...dr namadi said resting his chin on his hand looking at alhaji Yusuf.

He has a son and his name is deedat, I'm going to give him some drugs that will make him have all the signs of a leukemia patient, I know he'll definitely bring him to this hospital whenever he's sick, I want you to tell him that he has blood cancer and he's going to live for just 12months, but you'll try and save his life, then you'll start collecting his money for the treatment, make sure you collect not less than 50million from him, I only need 30millon then the rest will be yours.....he concluded

Don't you think this is risky? Dr namadi asked

He smiled and moved closer to him.. nobody is going to find out about this and when you make sure he spends 10moths in this hospital and you gathered a lot of money, then you just kill him...he added with an evil grin.

Ok...Dr namadi nodded.
But another problem is that, I'm not an oncologist, I'm a gynecologist...

Don't worry about that, just do as I say...alhaji Yusuf said.