Chapter 12

9th December 2017

9th December 2017...

Amatullah couldn't be more happier with deedat always by her side even though she couldn't talk or use her body. He takes care of her everyday anytime she needed help.
She's been confined to a wheelchair since the day she regained consciousness.deedat didn't allow anyone to touch her not even her parents,he's always there whenever she needs something.up till now, she couldn't eat solid foods, she only eat liquid foods and sometimes fruits. Deedat has far away forgotten about his sickness, he only concentrates on Amatullah's health. Today being the day that she'll be discharged from the hospital, everyone was happy about it, all the family were in the hospital, mama,Abba,daddy,mammy,zuby,reena,bilal,ya jamal,ya afreen,anty Aysha, munir,baba idris, Anty Sauda.....

They were all enjoying themselves chatting and laughing, well except Amatullah because she couldn't talk,she only smiles.they were enjoying one another's company when the doctor called Abba and daddy because he wanted to talk to them, they walked out of the room and followed the doctor to his office.

Well..let me start with the good news..uhmm, and let me start with you Alhaji Bulama,deedat's cancer can be cured but we are just 30% sure of it,we are going to use 3 methods to cure it, the first one is chemotherapy, that means the using on drugs and injections which he's undergoing right now, remains 5 days for it to be over then we'll start targeted therapy for one month, then we'll get into the cell stem transplant. If it doesn't work then I'm sorry, we can't do anything about it again.
The doctor finished looking straight into Abba's eyes, Abba nodded and smiled at the doctor.

And you Alhaji salihu..the doctor said pointing at daddy..

Amatullah is going to start talking on or before 8th January 2018, is she doesn't talk by then, then I'm sorry to say it's hardly if she could talk again.
And for her body, she'll be coming for therapy here every month,and make sure she's taking her drugs,can't you see an improvement? Amatullah can move her fingers now, don't worry insha allah she'll be fine..the doctor concluded with a smile on his face...

Thank you very much doctor, we really appreciate your efforts, we are really great full for that... daddy said shaking the doctor's hand.

Yauwa Alhaji, another thing is that, are they two married? I mean deedat and Amatullah? The doctor asked..

Abba smiled helplessly...their wedding was supposed to be tomorrow but Allah the best planner planned everything to be like this..Abba finished and sighed.

Allah sarki..the doctor whispered.
I don't want to engage myself into family matters but wallahi Alhaji deedat is the only person apart from Allah that can make Amatullah to be well, we measured everything when she was unconscious and we saw that even if she regained consciousness she couldn't speak, but to my surprise, she called his name and up till now she can only say his name. And the first time she moved her fingers was when I was giving deedat injection, she couldn't bare seeing him in pain so she tried to reach him so she could rescue him, that was when her fingers moved....the doctor finished with a sight..