Chapter 19

The following day....

As soon as you get the information contact me please, he works at ASH(Abuja standard hospital)...
Alhaji sabo said.

Insha allah doctor, I'll get back to you in 24hours time... the person said through the other end.

Alright thank you Asp.. alhaji sabo said.

It's my pleasure....he replied and disconnected the call.

Alhaji sabo is Abbas's best friend, he studied medicine in university of of India, he finished there and started working in one of the hospitals in India, he got married there and he has 4 children, 2 boys 2 girls.

He appointed one of the Asp's here in Nigeria to investigate Dr namadi because he knows there's only one oncologist that works in ASH and his name is not Dr namadi..
*********************************

Dee....Amatullah called out walking towards his bedroom with her crushes.
She called again but there was no answer, she slowly turned the door knob and entered the room only to find deedat crying...

Are you okay? She asked calmly sitting close to him on the bed.

Amatullah....he called her name softly avoiding her eyes that was on him.

Uhmmm...she answered slowly examining his face.

I want you to stay out of my life.....he said softly fiddling with his fingers.
You must be kidding me....She chuckled and moved closer to him.

I'm not kidding amatullah,it's directly from my heart...he whispered still avoiding her eyes.

What do you mean....she yelled jerking away from him.

I mean you should stay out of my fucking messed up life, I want to be alone, I'm gonna die soon I don't want you to be hurt.... he yelled and finally looked into her eyes but he regretted looking into her eyes at that instant.

Tears started falling out of her eyes uncontrollably. She stared into his eyes without flinching, she couldn't utter anything, her heart was aching, she's screaming inside but couldn't utter anything.

Look amatullah...he stared talking but she moved back shaking her head in disbelief. He quickly grabbed her hands into his and looked straight into her eyes.

Look amatullah, I know what I'm doing, I love you, I don't want you to be hurt when I'm gone, I want you to learn how to live without me, let's face the reality amma, leukemia patients hardly survive, I'm going to die soon, and I want you alive, please, I beg of you amma please....

She swallowed a lump in her throat and closed her eyes.
Deedat.... she called slowly.
Uhmmm...He answered

I hate you...she said through gritted teeth and jerked her hands from his hold and stood up without using her crushes, she tried moving her legs but she ended up on the floor. Her stomach hit the ground and her head hit the mirror beside her.
She yelled in pain blood gushing from the Wound.

He quickly grabbed her and took her to the hospital.
************************************
Sannu Asp... alhaji sabo said shaking Asp's hand.

Yauwa doctor, how's everything... Asp said.

Alhamdulillah...he answered.
They sat on the couch inside alhaji Sabo's apartment.

So how is the investigation going? Alhaji sabo asked.

Wlh alhamdulillah, we've gotten many informations. He answered sweetly.
Toh alhamdulillah, so tell me... alhaji sabo said.

Dr namadi works at ASH, he's a gynecologist not an oncologist, he doesn't know anything about oncology or anything related to cancer...

Innalillahi wainnailaihi rajiun... but why is he pretending to be an oncologist and what does he want from alhaji bulama? Why is he collecting his money for nothing, are we even sure deedat has blood cancer since he isn't an oncologist? Alhaji sabo blurted out already panicking.

Calm down alhaji, let me explain. He said smiling lightly. Alhaji sabo inhaled and exhaled to keep himself stable.

He's pretending to be an oncologist because he wants something from alhaji bulama, or someone assigned him to do that work. Then secondly I'm not sure weather Deedat has blood cancer or not, we have to take him to another hospital for check up, but another thing is that deedat has all the symptoms of a leukemia patient...

So what are we going to do now? Alhaji sabo asked

Firstly, Let's try and take deedat to another hospital to find out if he has blood cancer or not, from there, we'll see what our next step would be.

Tohm shikenan ASP..thank you so much..Alhaji sabo said shaking Asp's hand.

It's my pleasure doctor...he smiled at him.
************************************
Alhaji I've been asking you since, what's wrong with you..mama asked sitting close to Abba on the bed.

Hafsa, I want to ask you something. Abba said
Uhmmm.. mama answered.

When did deedat starts complaining about sickness, all this joint pain and bleeding and what not.. Abba asked.

Why asking...mama asked raising her brow.
Just answer me...Abba said sternly.

Mama sighed. It was since uhmmm..actually he came back from his office and started complaining about headache, it was since 3 months to Amatullah's graduation. Mama explained.

Ohk...Abba said with a sight.

Alhaji what happened ne? Please tell me....mama said obviously really worried. What happened to deedat.. she added and tears started rolling down to her cheeks.

He quickly stood up and walked to her and embraced her in a tight hug.
It's okay...he whispered to her patting her back lightly.

Please tell me...she cried out.
Hafsa, you have to understand me, I'll tell you soon, I just have to confirm something first, insha allah you'll be happy, nothing happened to our soon...baba whispered hoping that her sobs will die.

You promise? She asked looking straight into his eyes.
Yes..he smiled at her and she smiles back.
*********************************

Uhmm..mr deedat..the doctor called out
Yes doctor...he answered

We've been able to save her and the baby. The doctor said

The baby.... deedat shouted clearly surprised.
The doctor smiled.
So you mean you don't know your wife is pregnant? The doctor asked.

Are you serious? Deedat asked again
The doctor just nodded with a smile.

Deedat didn't know what he's feeling that moment,